Interior Illumination
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Interior Illumination within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if you can just buy the bulbs or LEDs to swap. Just scooped up a 2011 and ...

Interior Illumination

Does anyone know if you can just buy the bulbs or LEDs to swap. Just scooped up a 2011 and it has blue lights on the floor. WTF who would do such a retard move, the whole interior lights up red except for the floor so annoying. Any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some reading for you.
    Installed footwell illumination kit

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1691505

Search and you can find several online sites that sell the lights for a reasonable price.

there is another blue light, in the small storage hole right in front of the shifter...im just sayin, they didnt pull blue out of their rear...
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Actually there is not a blue light in the small storage hole. It is red. That is what I dont get. I dont want to have to buy the entire kit just the bulb/led part that mounts under the dash

I wonder if they have changed the cubby hole light color over the years....my 2011 has a red led in the cubby hole.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    I wonder if they have changed the cubby hole light color over the years....my 2011 has a red led in the cubby hole.
    Yes, I believe they used blue on the 08+ and changed to red for 11.

BigSkyWRX changed his from blue when he did his interior lights on his 09.

Quote Originally Posted by 08stock View Post
    Actually there is not a blue light in the small storage hole. It is red. That is what I dont get. I dont want to have to buy the entire kit just the bulb/led part that mounts under the dash
    ^this is what confused me, because his screen name implys he drives an 08.

Either way, I'm glad mine is red since every other light in the interior (except the domes) is red.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

i stand corrected. my 2010 is blue, but if the 2011 is red, then i guess the blue really has no business being in the car.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I just got my almost new 08 sti the other day (I'll post in the newbies section when I get some time). My cubby hole is red. I do not know if it was changed. I am actually wanting to change the cubby, footwells, buttons/instruments to blue.

so did anyone find out where to get the bulbs to change the blue color to red, i have the same problem. red matches.. why go blue... red matches everything even the gauges!

Anyone know how hard it is to install the footwell LEDs? I just recently got a 2011 and it came with a red one in the cubby but none in the footwells. I recently ordered the kit and am looking to install this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vossatron View Post
    Anyone know how hard it is to install the footwell LEDs? I just recently got a 2011 and it came with a red one in the cubby but none in the footwells. I recently ordered the kit and am looking to install this weekend.
    Some links in the following thread.
    Interior Illumination

at least they got smart and started putting the red ones in the cubby.. my 10 came with a blue on in the cubby.. when I put in the foot well illumination I had to change the cubby one out too.. though not much of a bother since you have to be in there anyway to plug in the harness
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    at least they got smart and started putting the red ones in the cubby.. my 10 came with a blue on in the cubby.. when I put in the foot well illumination I had to change the cubby one out too.. though not much of a bother since you have to be in there anyway to plug in the harness
    Yeah I can't quite figure out why they would have put a blue one in there in the first place...EVERYTHING else inside is red.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.