2011 Heathed leather seats, aftermarket?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 Heathed leather seats, aftermarket? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, So it's been almost two weeks and 1000 miles since I picked up my 2011 WRX (Base). I ...

2011 Heathed leather seats, aftermarket?

Hi everyone,

So it's been almost two weeks and 1000 miles since I picked up my 2011 WRX (Base). I still love it.

My wife wanted the heated leather seats but we didn't want to pay the price for a limited WRX, plus at the time only 1 dealer in the entire state had one, and just 1 and they wanted $6500 more for it.

Another dealer mentioned they can get aftermarket heated leather seats and it would probably cost around $2k -- I can't find anyone online yet but I imagine it would be the same for 2008 and up.

Any recommendations? Links would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Clovis
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aftermarket leather seats are usually nicer than the OEM ones. There are two main brands, Katzkin and Roadwire. I've had experience with Katzkin and was blown away by how nice they were. Tomorrow I pick up my 2003 WRX from the upholstery place where they're installing roadwires, which had the capability for the seat SRS system (Katzkin did not). They guy who did the job told me that he thinks they're even nicer than the Katzkins, largely for fit. In both cases, the thickness of the leather is supposed to be a bit more than stock. You get to customize any way you like, two tone, piping, perforations, etc, and your imagination is basically the limit (though you don't want to go too crazy for resale purposes)

WRT seat heaters, they are a separate install and anywhere you can get the leather seats installed you can get the heaters installed. There are a few different brands but I can't tell the difference.

I can't find dealers in Colorado Springs, but if you search on auto upholstery in your area, you can call them to figure out if they carry Katzkin or Roadwire.

OK, got my Roadwire installation done. Definitely preferred my previous experience with Katzkin. The Roadwires seem to be looser fitting and less sporty than I remember the Katzkins being.

Thanks for the reply and advise.

What did they run price wise run, including installation?

All though my experience in the pasts of seat removal basically consisted of removing four floor bolts and a plug for the power. Same thing or do you need a professional to install due to the SRS airbag?

Thanks!

-Clovis
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

That was just the first one I found on a quick google search. I was going to do this with a previous car that had factory heated seats as I was intending on changing the seats.. turns out I just had the factory ones re-done in microsuede .. but regardless the heaters are available after market. Afaik these can be installed in any seat (cloth/leather.. etc) and shouldn't be too hard to wire them up if you have factory diagrams.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Thanks for the reply and advise.

What did they run price wise run, including installation?

All though my experience in the pasts of seat removal basically consisted of removing four floor bolts and a plug for the power. Same thing or do you need a professional to install due to the SRS airbag?

Thanks!

-Clovis
    WRT Price, I think you did a bit better than I did. It was $1530 plus tax for the seats, no heaters included. The guy quoted me an additional $600 for doing the heaters at the same time, and I realized that it's just not worth that much to me. So, $2K for leather and heaters is a bit less than I was quoted. Also, to do the door cars up in the matching leatherette that came with the seats was going to be $100/door. As I write this, I feel like not recommending the place I went to.

I've looked at the kits, and the install seem like a hassle to me. Any time you have to deal with something called a hog ring I think you should think twice.

Colorado Springs Installer for Katzkin leather and Roadwire

Better late then never!!!
    Call SoCo Customs: 719.776.0188
    Leather will run 1119.00 installed plus tax. Upgrades are available for additional 100.00 per upgrade unless you want premium which is 300.00 more. Heated seats are 450.00 with install of leather, 550.00 by themselves. Install takes two days, 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. Installers are manufacturer certified, ASE certified.

Hi. Quick update on my part. I dunno what was wrong with me: the Roadwires are great. I think it was the shape of the seat that was different rather than the quality of the fit or the leather. People who sit on my seats think they're great. I'm happy with the seats for the past year. I've never had to condition them or any of that. Now that a year has passed, in retrospect, I should have done the seat heaters!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.