2011 WRX Car starter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Car starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a remote starter in my truck for 5 years with no problems. The only way it would work ...

I had a remote starter in my truck for 5 years with no problems. The only way it would work is to have it in neutral, pull the e-brake, get out and shut the door. However, I never used it when parked on any hills to be safe. Mainly in my driveway and at work.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You've never left your car in gear? In fact, most manual drivers will TELL you to leave the car in gear that way if the E-brake fails, your car doesn't go into the lake. There's a reason an automatic car is in "Park" and not in "Neutral"
    I do park it in gear only.on slopes but I still.pull the brake.either way. Here in Edmonton its.pretty.flat so I don't use it often. I just don't think I would ever.use the car starter wheb its in gear. Not like.it would work anyway. Your friend didn't do both and that was mistake. The car starter seems.to have no fault in that story. Just your friends unfortunate mistake.

Actually in my 2010 WRX manual it says not to ever leave the car parked in gear. It says only to use the e-brake. Not sure why.

Neutral trigger wire as shown in This thread...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12