Comfortable Racing seats?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Comfortable Racing seats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just got a 2003 WRX. Looking to upgrade my seats from the stock. They are pretty worn ...

Comfortable Racing seats?

Hey guys, I just got a 2003 WRX. Looking to upgrade my seats from the stock. They are pretty worn and I would want something more aggressive since I'll be investing lil $ into the car. I was looking into racing seats that are semi-comfortable for a 170 lb 5'10 guy. I would also want them to recline. Any suggestions? I love when the seats are a tight fit so you dont slide around....I just dont wanna go back to the type of a seat my old camry used to have -_- ...if u know what I mean. In addition I'd like to keep the seats under $300 if possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good luck finding a "set" for 300$ you may be abel to find one for 300, im in the same boat 03 rex and im wantin new seats as well, mine are in perfect shape but wanna feel a bit more snug, im 6'3 and bout 220lbs, the sti seats are a good fit, they are a bit stiff but feel just right for me,

Ive found some nice bride and corbeau but a lil spendy and also have to get rails that are a bit spendy too and aren't usually includded in what ive found, Check out craigslist in your area and keep an eye out for someone sellin their sti seats(probably the cheapest way to go) , good luck i am still searchin as well lol

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CDUQ8gIwCTgy#p

Found these , they recline but unsure if they come w/ rails

oh I am sorry for not being specific, I meant 1 for around $300, not 2.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The bugeyes had the best seats in a WRX to date... What you guys are doing is a TRAVESTY I SAY!

Oh, and "comfortable" and "racing seats" do not go together in the same sentence. Do you see Recaros in a BMW M5? I think not!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

ahhh well then yeh you got many options lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't lose the airbag by replacing the seats with something that lacks the bag. Either pick another Subaru seat with an airbag and get the wiring working, or keep what you have.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Lol yeh they are greeaatt but i wouldnt say best, i really like the high rise and sucked back feel of the 05 wrx or sti also the bug eye do have a removable headrest which makes things easier

i ended up just throwing some nice matching seat covers on em to protect them from my puppy i always take around w/ me .
    my down the road plan is to harvent enough power to actually need a harness( not just have one to look cool ) and thoes seats dont really assist in thoes applications , but for the time they are awesome lol

SD_GR Don't lose the airbag by replacing the seats with something that lacks the bag. Either pick another Subaru seat with an airbag and get the wiring working, or keep what you have.
    Very true +1 on that, personally i want the all black 05 sti seats, anyone wanna give em up lol

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    $300 is not enough. At all. You're gonna pay most of that in shipping alone. Good seats start ~$8-900 + shipping. The only thing you can get for $300 is aa Chinese offbrand, which is not worth your time.

Also, comfortable racing seats are a contradiction. Racing seats are supposed grab you and keep you planted because they are so tight and restrictive. By definition true racing seats are uncomfortable.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    i have to argue a bit on both the claim of comfort and price. My Sparco seats are more comfortable than my stock bugeye seats. They are more supportive and fit me perfect. And as for price, i got them in a trade for my stock seats plus a set of modified stock injectors. That price is with sliders/mounts. Only problem with them is one seat needed one side recovered as it had a tear. Im doing that myself with some fabric i bought of NASIOC for $20 that matches perfect. It is uncommon to find a situation like this but it is definitely possible.

Edit: To clarify, this was for 2 seats.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    i have to argue a bit on both the claim of comfort and price. My Sparco seats are more comfortable than my stock bugeye seats. They are more supportive and fit me perfect. And as for price, i got them in a trade for my stock seats plus a set of modified stock injectors. That price is with sliders/mounts. Only problem with them is one seat needed one side recovered as it had a tear. Im doing that myself with some fabric i bought of NASIOC for $20 that matches perfect. It is uncommon to find a situation like this but it is definitely possible.

Edit: To clarify, this was for 2 seats.
    NICE, love it when things work out, and cheply too

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.