Shift knob off center

This is a discussion on Shift knob off center within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got a new STI shift knob a few weeks ago. Put it on no problem, and paying attention not ...

Shift knob off center

I got a new STI shift knob a few weeks ago. Put it on no problem, and paying attention not to over tighten. I then applied the pathway sticker to the top in perfect postion.

A few days later I noticed the knob was now loose. I have tried 767 times to unskrew the knob and reattach so that it ends up tight with the pathway in correct postion. It is currently in a postion where first is pointing at the sterring wheel, this is the closest I have gotten to center.

Any ideas on how I can do this other than trial and error?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JB/EY1010 View Post
    I got a new STI shift knob a few weeks ago. Put it on no problem, and paying attention not to over tighten. I then applied the pathway sticker to the top in perfect postion.

A few days later I noticed the knob was now loose. I have tried 767 times to unskrew the knob and reattach so that it ends up tight with the pathway in correct postion. It is currently in a postion where first is pointing at the sterring wheel, this is the closest I have gotten to center.

Any ideas on how I can do this other than trial and error?

Apply time Teflon tape to the threads... worked like a charm with my Subaru Momo knob