Best Car Alarm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Best Car Alarm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I recently bought a WRX, I'm looking to buy a good alarm system...What are your thoughts and suggestion on ...

Best Car Alarm

Hi,
    I recently bought a WRX, I'm looking to buy a good alarm system...What are your thoughts and suggestion on that?

Much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year is your wrx?

if it is a newer model, i believe blob eye to present, your vehicle is equipped with a transponder security system. in your ignition key, there is a transponder chip that is programmed to match a code on your ignition that is unique to your specific vehcile. the only way to move the vehicle is to either start the car with that specific key, or tow it.

if you are worried about someone stealing your vehicle, a car alarm is not going to do anything, dont waste your money

if you have stereo equipment or something like that in your vehicle, an alarm is still not going to help you.

i work for an insurance company and i handled vandlaism and theft claims for over a year, and regardless of how much money my customers spent on alarms and engine immobilizers and all that crap, their cars still got broken into and some got stolen.

the only thing that works is parking your vehicle in a safe place and avoiding attracting attention to it.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have my car yet but I got the Python 991 from beach audio.I got it mainly for the remote start(helps save a lot of time),also so that I could add glass sensors and a tilt sensor(all from DEI), bcoz I leave the car in the street.My neighbor had his wheels stolen off his Z ,so I'm not taking chances.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for the advice!

Viper has a sweet iPhone app setup with their alarm and remote start. I'd look into that if you decide to pursue an alarm.

I Support ClubWRX
    All of the more common alarm systems like Viper,Python ,Clifford ,etc are made by DEI and just marketed under different names.Most of them have the same functions.On the new models you can opt between LCD Display on the remote or color HD LCD(color is twice the price with most of the same functions) .So any of these systems will work with Directed Smart Start for Anroid,BlackBerry & IPhone,the app is a free download which you can use to start your car from your phone.

Although I don't see the point in this app other than the cool factor & to impress friends,logically you would have the remote with you anyway and the remote has way more functions like interior temp,virtual tach,etc.

I just went with the Python bcoz of the cooler remote imo,otherwise they r all the same.Before you buy also be sure to check if the system works with manual transmissions,I know the Python 991 does.Naturally the car will have to left in Neutral for remote start to work.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 10-20-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.