car alarms
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car alarms within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I am starting to grow really concerned becasue theres car thefts happening left and right in my apartment. ...

car alarms

Hey everyone, I am starting to grow really concerned becasue theres car thefts happening left and right in my apartment. My buddies car got stolen the other night, anyways i want to reduce the possibility of that happening to mine as much as possible. I want to know what this community recommends to do or already done to their vehicles. I been to a few stores including audio express (looked kinda run down) and best buy there both recommending the Viper systems as their flagship brands (particularly the series 5701 and 5901 remote start and pageing system all those goodies). What are your oppinions is there some other brand or systems i should consider or if someone already owns one of these systems and what are their 2 cents on them.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the Ravelco AntiTheft Device in my WRX, and I love it.
    I found out about Ravelco when I was searching online for good car alarms.
    It's around $470 dollars, but to me it's worth it my subie will be where I left her. It's peace of mind for me.

How it works you get a round key that you have to plug in also with you car key to get it to start.

The car won't start without the Ravelco round key inserted.
    If you ever had a dead battery in your car and try to start it that's what you get when the Ravelco key is not in.

The Ravelco device took about 4 hrs to install. I stayed and watched it get done by the Tech.
    These guys know what they are doing and they do some fantastic work.

The Tech also came right to my house to install it and let me pick the time and date.

Check out the images below.
    My engine looks the same as before it was installed. It's hard to find the Ravelco wires they are very well hidden.
    Also I picked the spot for my round key to be pluged.

Last edited by Chibi WRX; 10-23-2010 at 07:51 PM.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.