gauge cluster

This is a discussion on gauge cluster within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know this has been said a thousand times a thousand places, but I can not for the life of ...

gauge cluster

I know this has been said a thousand times a thousand places, but I can not for the life of me find a walk through for the 2008 wrx gauge cluster... I got it apart and I can't figure out how to get to the lights... I'm trying to change it to blue... but all I can find are DIYs for the 02-07... if anyone could point me in the right direction I would love you... I'm sorry I tried to search I swear
    ""NO TEST DRIVES" Yeah like I'm just going to buy a car without test driving it. Thats like marriage without premarital sex. You don't want a lemon . Only kidding hahaha." ~ EsubaruJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What part are you stuck on?

I think the 08+ Impreza gauge cluster uses white LED's to illuminate the cluster.
    If that is the case then this is the best way to complete this mod.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/diy-wrx-ga...ac-t11003.html

I realize the link is to a 02-07 cluster mod, but the steps should be the same.

they don't seem to be. once I get everything opened up the plastic face is in between the needles and the motors for the needles...

hope that made sense.
    ""NO TEST DRIVES" Yeah like I'm just going to buy a car without test driving it. Thats like marriage without premarital sex. You don't want a lemon . Only kidding hahaha." ~ EsubaruJ

So it's like the Tach and Speedo on the older models?

no I'll take them apart tomorrow night and take pics. I can't find any pics of one taken apart atm. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_10.html that's the best I can find... but the face is on a plastic board and then there is a circuit board behind that so to get to the circuit board you have to get the plastic face off.... but it is in between the board and the needles... the plastic face sort of cups the board.... I'll take pics tomorrow