WC Lathe Werks SS STI Sphere Shift Knob - Review - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WC Lathe Werks SS STI Sphere Shift Knob - Review within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased a Copolymer GF4, grooves, brass insert, red shift pattern, from a member on my local'ish forum. Can't ...

I just purchased a Copolymer GF4, grooves, brass insert, red shift pattern, from a member on my local'ish forum. Can't wait for it to arrive. I really like the feel of my Kartboy knob, but wanted something with a little bit more weight.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Another beautiful example of one of Chris' knobs. This particular one was a bit big for my Smurf hands, but a great knob nevertheless.
    Aye.

Me Sasquatch hand likes it like no other. It is a mere .5" taller and .25" wider than his standard teardrop knob.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    My main objection to metal shift knobs is the need for oven mitts to shift after the car has been sitting in the sun for a while.
    Truth to this...I have the aluminum sphere from WC with a brass insert...thing will FRY your hand on contact on those hot summer days.

Absolutely love that knob though...and I am very picky about my knobs

I also bought a teardrop style Stainless steel one, complete with the burnt finish for my 350z...this also was a great knob.

I also have a second sphere for my STI...black copolymer, weighted which I currently have on there now. Looks great with an STI interior where as the Aluminum sphere looked better with the STI Limited interior. I like this knob a lot too because it doesn't get affected much by the elements.

I love the feel of a heavier knob as well It also is a bit shorter than the stock STI knob, so it shortens shifts a wee bit.

Quality products without a doubt, and the customer service is unparalleled.
    Last edited by Mikie13; 09-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Vez
    The metal shift knob does retain heat. I have an all black interior, tinted windows (35%), and use a front window shield. After a full work day with my car baking in the sun, when the temperature reached over 100*F, I got into my car and the knob was still hot, but not so hot I couldn't keep my hand on it. In about 4 minutes, after putting down the windows and started on my way, the knob cooled down completely. I timed the cool down period on several similar days and cool down was always about 4 minutes.

I'm sure the same will hold true for the winter months...maybe take a little longer to heat up.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I have a copolymer knob for exactly the heat reasons everyone mentions.

I however really loved the feel of my Subaru Momo knob I had, so I took out my calipers, measured the Momo knob, and sent WC Lathewerks a drawing with dimensions in CAD. Alakzam! Coploymer Momo knob! So much <3.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Here's mine. Similar in weight and height to the stock knob, so taller, and heavier than the Kartboy it replaced. It's narrower than both the stocker and the KB. Feels great. GF4 with grooves, brass insert, red shift pattern, somewhat height adjustable.

...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123