Boost gauge install question

This is a discussion on Boost gauge install question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys - I just ordered/recieved some new gauges (boost and EGT) for my 04 wrx. I seem to remember ...

Boost gauge install question

Hey guys - I just ordered/recieved some new gauges (boost and EGT) for my 04 wrx. I seem to remember reading on here someplace of people having problems with the vacuum line not being the same size as the line to gauge and therefor having to modify the "T" connection. Now that I want to find it, of course I can't! Anyway, I live about an hour from the nearest hardware store and would like to do the install this weekend, so I'm hoping to pick up any additional hardware before I leave town for the day. Anyone know if have anything to worry about? As always, thanks in advance!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it is the OEM boost gauge, it comes with the proper T-fitting. If it's an aftermarket one, just measure the inner diameter of the tube that came with it and then slide off the recirculating valve tube and measure that ID.

I don't remember exactly but the sizes were roughly 3/8" for the recirc tube and 5/16" or 1/4" for the line to the gauge. I made my own T-fitting out of the brass fittings from Lowes since I bought mine used and the T-fitting was no included. I just tucked it away below the intercooler so it looks stock/OEM with a quick look.