Sound cutting out problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sound cutting out problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted anything, but I currently have a problem. Randomly my sound ...

Sound cutting out problem

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted anything, but I currently have a problem. Randomly my sound will cut out. My HU still has power, but no sounds come from any of the four speakers or sub. I noticed that both amps loose power and appear off when this happens. In addition, if I disconnect my faceplate and reconnect it, the amps regain power and sound comes from the speakers.

I cleaned the faceplate and the deck. I also checked the connections to amps and brain unit.

Any help or insight to a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

My system:
    Clarion DVD HU
    Alpine Mono Amp (Sub)
    Alpine Sub
    Alpine Amp (Speakers)
    Diamond speakers
    For Parts, Fast Shipping, Good Prices, Good Customer Service Please Visit: WWW.JSCSPEED.COM 215-489-2820
    272.1awhp/240tq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry i don't have a solution in my knowledge for ya, but just thought i'd let you know that i had the same problem with my system that i used to have in my 83 Audi gt. I just dealt with it and popped the face plate off and put it back on.

decided while writing this that i'd google it.......there's a few things it could be from what i found. Loose connection, or low voltage due to weak battery or alternator. Don't jump to the worst of the battery or alternator. Definitely check all your connections throughout the system before the battery and alternator. You can check the voltage with a meter. Google more to find out what your voltage should be reading. Oh and even a rusted tightly secured connection can cause problems sometimes. so a little sand paper on this could help ya out.

hope it all works out! gotta get that boom boom back

Thanks. I did tighten up some of the connections around the battery. I think this is where the problem is coming from. I replaced the battery about 1-2 mo ago. Shortly after is when my stereo started doing this, but it wasn't as annoying as it has been lately.
    After checking the connections in the engine bay, I thought it was fixed but once more the stereo cut out on my drive home tonight : ( I will check again in the a.m. though.
    For Parts, Fast Shipping, Good Prices, Good Customer Service Please Visit: WWW.JSCSPEED.COM 215-489-2820
    272.1awhp/240tq

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would do the "big 3" first. Then check your voltage at the battery with a DMM when the car is off (should be ~12V) and then again when it is running (should be ~14V).

After that if you're still having the issue I would pull the HU out and check it's connections. Remember the ground for the HU shouldn't be plugged into the ground in the harness. It's much better off being attached directly to bare metal on the frame of the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.