Boost dials?

This is a discussion on Boost dials? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi all, i am interested in buying boost gauge for my wrx. I want something that looks nice and lights ...

Boost dials?

hi all,

i am interested in buying boost gauge for my wrx. I want something that looks nice and lights up.

I have seen some on Ebay for 30. Don't know what make it is but it lights up and it's also fogged effect.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Defi, Greddy, Omori
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks, any idea of what price range and where to buy? Also need a good turbo timer and boost controler!

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobz View Post
    Also need a good turbo timer and boost controler!
    No you dont....boost controller requires a protune, turbo timer is completely useless
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    No you dont....boost controller requires a protune, turbo timer is completely useless

^^^what he said

Thanks, any idea of what price range and where to buy? Also need a good turbo timer and boost controler!
    Any website that sells Subaru parts would be good...fastwrx.com, oakosautomotive.com, jscspeed.com, etc.

I personally like Maddad gauges...good quality, good interior match, and not a bad price: www.daddysscp.com

And like the other guys said...those two components are not necessary at all (unless you tune for the boost controller...turbo timer, not at all because our turbos are adequately cooled as is).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

[/QUOTE]And like the other guys said...those two components are not necessary at all (unless you tune for the boost controller...turbo timer, not at all because our turbos are adequately cooled as is).[/QUOTE]

So a boost controller would be good if i had the internals done. Otherwise i would probably knacker them, am i right?

And like the other guys said...those two components are not necessary at all (unless you tune for the boost controller...turbo timer, not at all because our turbos are adequately cooled as is).

So a boost controller would be good if i had the internals done. Otherwise i would probably knacker them, am i right?
    Not necessarily internals...but a boost controller could be useful as long as you have your car tuned to use it correctly. Otherwise you are fine with your engine management (read, ECU) controlling the boost levels, as it currently does.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

It has nothing to do with the internals of your engine, you shouldn't be arbitrarily adjusting boost without making the proper corresponding adjustments to the car's computer.