Going to go with this stuff over dynamat next time around.

This is a discussion on Going to go with this stuff over dynamat next time around. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi Looking over it, it seems legit. Seems to be the way to go. Buy a couple separate components, and ...

I Support ClubWRX

Going to go with this stuff over dynamat next time around.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Looking over it, it seems legit. Seems to be the way to go. Buy a couple separate components, and combine and use them as needed. Much more cost effective, probably easier, and great results from what others have said.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like the real thing brotha. But hey, what do I know

I plan on upgrading to some alpine type r components pretty soon but I like to keep my music to a low volume at all times... Its important to hear anything your car might be trying to tell you on top of the music, so I probably wont go with any dynamat or similar product
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Looks like the real thing brotha. But hey, what do I know

I plan on upgrading to some alpine type r components pretty soon but I like to keep my music to a low volume at all times... Its important to hear anything your car might be trying to tell you on top of the music, so I probably wont go with any dynamat or similar product

+1

I am the same way! I love listening to the sounds of my car and motorcycle... most my friends have headphones in for motorcycle rides... an i love hearing my bike... also i turn my music off here and there just to hear my turbo spool and engine rev haha
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

I Support ClubWRX
    Well you'll still hear your car, trust me. The main use is just to kill resonance in the larger panels (ex, doors). Exhaust drone is a pretty good example of a bad resonance. Also, the sound deadening is actually more important in a sound quality system over a sound quantity system in my opinion. It is not really useful for making your system much louder (especially for the $)

Basically, this guy just recommends you build the sound proofing you want, instead of taking the pre-made dynamat. It seems like a better idea honestly.

For example, just sticking a simple 6x9 "tile" of it on the center of your doors outter shells would probably help cut a lot of the annoying sounds out. It would not block any "car" sounds though, just mostly road noise. Once you start getting to the floor boards and stuff though, you might see reduction in those noises.

I doubt you'd ever be able to deaden it enough to kill the car sounds you guys enjoy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've been pointed there from members on sounddomain.com before. I think it is pretty good stuff.

I've also heard good things about Second Skin Damplifier Pro..

Quote Originally Posted by d_ziggy_2000 View Post
    also i turn my music off here and there just to hear my turbo spool and engine rev haha
    +2