Laser jammer installer in NY tristate area?
Closed Thread

This is a discussion on Laser jammer installer in NY tristate area? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Long time reader, first time poster..... Just bought a Blinder X-treme M47 laser jammer for my 09 rex ...

Question Laser jammer installer in NY tristate area?

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster..... Just bought a Blinder X-treme M47 laser jammer for my 09 rex hatch (after getting nabbed on Sunrise Hwy) and it looks like the installation might be a little more involved than I originally thought (I have no audio or electical experience).

I was wondering if anyone knows of some places in the New York City area, particularly on Long Island, that does these kinds of installs for a reasonable cost.

I've tried googling every combination of words I can imagine to find places that specifically install laser systems, since it's particularly important to mount the transponders properly, but I can't seem to find anything. Thanks for any information or advice you can offer.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I know places like Car Toys do installs, but they over charge big time. Your best bet is probably to try and find an independently owned car audio shop in the area. Preferably a place with a good rep.

Ok, thanks for the input. I was quoted 350$ from a local custom audio shop, but that seems pretty steep. I'm hoping for 200-250 or so. I guess, I'll shop around at some of these kinds of places.

you do understand that lazer is a pretty specific system right? They can only aim at one car at a time.. they got you because they wanted you.

are you also installing a radar jamming device? because if they dont get you with one they can get you with the other. Or they can time you between two points and that is dead ass accurate.

why spend the money? You'll get nailed again.

Try sticking to within 10 of the speed limit Its cheaper .. much cheaper.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

oh he got me all right. I do have rx65 radar detector. Don't get me wrong, I don't fly around like a speed demon. I just tend to drive slightly faster than the flow.

In 15 years of driving, this is my first moving violation so I'm certainly not reckless. In this case I was going 78 in a 55, which some may say is way to fast. I assure you though, the flow of traffic was probably around 70, and the police usually leave you alone around that speed. I just lost track of my speed I suppose....

Hence my reasoning for a jammer... not as a tool to be reckless, but as something that will help me when I'm not watching my speed like a hawk. And the cops in New York have LIDAR everywhere... All the more reason to keep it within 10 of the limit I suppose... it's just so easy to get moving in this thing!

I didnt say anything about being reckless. Here in Va they like to nail anything further than 9 over.

You're wallet will thank you to stick with traffic. I grew up Upstate.. I know all about that sneaky ass trooper with his toys (hell half of them now I grew up with )

Point I'm trying to make is that it might help more to hang with traffic and not spend the dough for a gadget that may not work. Whats the fine on that ticket if you're convicted? Let alone the possible insurance impacts..

muy cheaper to hide in traffic
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.