New carpet?

This is a discussion on New carpet? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been working furiously to try to get a half gallon of orange paint out of my carpet in my ...

New carpet?

I've been working furiously to try to get a half gallon of orange paint out of my carpet in my WRX, to no avail. Been searching for a while, does anyone know who sells replacement carpet for a 2005 WRX? Any links would help. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump

could go oem.. but its going to be expensive.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Other than through Subaru, which I will go If I have no other choice. Someone else must make carpet for the WRX. Who?

If you're feeling ambitious, you should go get raw fabric and make your own. Quality time with the car is always fun.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suggest maybe picking up a roll of off brand dynamat, and finding a quality interior shop. They do stuff like that for a living, and anything involving fabric is well beyond my ability for some reason. I can read all the directions and watch videos all day... It still failboats every time.

Even with a shop it'd be cheaper than having oem carpets installed.

I bet it'd make the cabin a lot quieter too. No guarantees, but I know doing the floor and doors makes most cars feel significantly more luxury-ish. Just put a piece on all the large panels... It doesn't have to cover anything, it just keeps large stuff from resonating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I can't imagine that the installation is too difficult. Remove front seats, center console, rear seat, and various other trim pieces.

I don't trust myself to cut the carpet though. Sounds like I'll either have to find an Interior shop and have them do it.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I know someone that replaced the carpet in their GC.. I'll have to ask where they got it.

Thanks Mainframe. Was thinking that if I can scrub most of it out, I could use fabric dye (or something that'll work with carpet) to darken any residual staining back to the original black.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just find someone over on nasioc. I got my replacement carpet there. And installation is pretty easy. It took me about 4 hours to do it...but I was striving for perfection. And the front seats I put in were being difficult because the brackets were just a tiny bit off. So that ate up a good chunk of my time. But other than that it's pretty easy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.