Wiring circuit to be on O N L Y when the car is OFF - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wiring circuit to be on O N L Y when the car is OFF within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Heide264 I agree. However, this seems rather strange. I'd at least use a timer or something on ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I agree. However, this seems rather strange. I'd at least use a timer or something on it to make sure it doesn't run for a week straight.

Don't worry, it already has a built in timer. After a couple of days it will automatically start dimming and then eventually turn itself off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    So basically you just need a relay that is open when ACC power is on and closed when ACC power is off?
    Yes.

According to this site all you would have to do is hook up your parking lights to pins 30 and 87a (instead of 87). Then have your ACC power going to 85 and ground 86 (or vice-versa).
    Aha, this is what I was trying to get to. OK, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I agree. However, this seems rather strange. I'd at least use a timer or something on it to make sure it doesn't run for a week straight.
    Subaru doesn't bother when the implement it on their production cars. The Impreza only uses a switch. I could do the same and use a switch easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Don't worry, it already has a built in timer. After a couple of days it will automatically start dimming and then eventually turn itself off.
    Yes. It will gradually fade, like my dreams and aspirations. Then it'll go dark.

Thanks again everyone!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Thanks, I looked at that site while googling for an answer... but maybe I'm being dense because I see how to set up the latch so that power is cut off when a door opens, but I don't want that. What I want is power to remain on until the key is turned to on, at which point I want power off. I'm going to stare at the diagramme a bit more because I am probably missing something simple and crucial at this point. Thanks again!
    reverse the polarity of the latch.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    When I originally did this and got it working (not this century!) I seem to remember using two relays, not a single 5 position, so the latch is looking more and more familiar. But if I can do it using a single relay, so much the better. I'm going to experiment when I get a chance and see what happens.

Thanks all!

SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I normally use lantern batteries for experimenting with things like that if I don't have a bench with a supply around. They aren't perfect, but the springs on top are very nice, they can be wired to make a lot of common voltages, last a while, and can supply some serious power if needed. They also it upright nicely.

Just something I learned with time. I have 3 downstairs I have used since early high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12