2002 wrx stock oil pressure

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx stock oil pressure within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to get a oil pressure gauge for my 2002 (plan for the car are to get 400-600 whp) ...

Registered User BrandonPaquette's Avatar

2002 wrx stock oil pressure

i want to get a oil pressure gauge for my 2002 (plan for the car are to get 400-600 whp) how much oil pressure do you think the gauge with need to read.
    Brandon Paquette

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The manufacturer considers 1 kg/cm^2 or 98 kPa or 14 PSI normal oil pressure at 800 rpm.

At 5000 rpm normal pressure is 3.0 kg/cm^2 or 294 kPa or 43 PSI.

These numbers are MINIMUM acceptable pressure; readings can and will be higher.

Definitely expect higher pressures at cold startup.

I don't use a gauge but have seen 2.0L motors exceed 100 PSI on startup, and exceed 75 PSI during normal use.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

oo i see ok i want to get a oil pressure gauge electronic one but it only get up to 100 pis. is it still ok if i install it or will it hurt the gauge.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3099&sid=11
    Brandon Paquette

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My gauge reads up to 100psi and it is maxed for about 10 minutes when I first start the car. When I tested it with a manual gauge it was 125-130psi cold.. of course that's not stock, but I don't think it's far off from what a stock engine would run.

Do you think the gauge with get any damage or the sender ?
    Brandon Paquette

I Support ClubWRX
    Since these gauges are not cheap and neither are motors, I'd ask the gauge manufacturer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Autometer gauge would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them.