2002 wrx stock oil pressure

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx stock oil pressure within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to get a oil pressure gauge for my 2002 (plan for the car are to get 400-600 whp) ...

Registered User BrandonPaquette's Avatar

2002 wrx stock oil pressure

i want to get a oil pressure gauge for my 2002 (plan for the car are to get 400-600 whp) how much oil pressure do you think the gauge with need to read.
    Brandon Paquette

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The manufacturer considers 1 kg/cm^2 or 98 kPa or 14 PSI normal oil pressure at 800 rpm.

At 5000 rpm normal pressure is 3.0 kg/cm^2 or 294 kPa or 43 PSI.

These numbers are MINIMUM acceptable pressure; readings can and will be higher.

Definitely expect higher pressures at cold startup.

I don't use a gauge but have seen 2.0L motors exceed 100 PSI on startup, and exceed 75 PSI during normal use.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

oo i see ok i want to get a oil pressure gauge electronic one but it only get up to 100 pis. is it still ok if i install it or will it hurt the gauge.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3099&sid=11
    Brandon Paquette

I Support ClubWRX
    My gauge reads up to 100psi and it is maxed for about 10 minutes when I first start the car. When I tested it with a manual gauge it was 125-130psi cold.. of course that's not stock, but I don't think it's far off from what a stock engine would run.

Do you think the gauge with get any damage or the sender ?
    Brandon Paquette

I Support ClubWRX
    Since these gauges are not cheap and neither are motors, I'd ask the gauge manufacturer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Autometer gauge would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them.