tech wire

This is a discussion on tech wire within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know witch wire is the tach wire on a 2002 wrx? what color is it? behind the cluster?...

tech wire

does anyone know witch wire is the tach wire on a 2002 wrx? what color is it? behind the cluster?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll try to help -- the best way of doing this is actually not telling you the colour because, well, opinions vary (seriously; I've seen at least two options online!) and I don't want to burn you if your model is unlike mine.

Connector I10, at least on my car, is the one nearest the reset button for the odometer, meaning as you look at an installed gauge cluster it is on the right. Look for pin A5 on that connector. When looking "into" the connector, if you place the insert or nubs on the bottom, you can count from the left to reach A5. The A5 pin is going to be toward the middle and on the "left" as the entire connector has 10 pins.

If you fry something following or not following this advice, you get to fix it on your own.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hi, I just bought RPM-Activated Switch for 2011 WRX. And i'm wondering if anybody knows where i can find tachometer signal wire.

Please help

Thanks

ND