Turbo gauge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so i have seen wrx's with the turbo gauge on the steering wheel...but mine is on next to my ...

Turbo gauge

Ok so i have seen wrx's with the turbo gauge on the steering wheel...but mine is on next to my door...how do i get it back onto the steering wheel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So I take it the boost guage is in a pod on the pillar then right? Not on the actual door I hope.

All you need is a pod that's made to fit on the steering column, and to run the wiring and vaccuum line to it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Yeah thats right...and is it hard...im not very good with cars...but i love wrxs

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXmania92 View Post
    Yeah thats right...and is it hard...im not very good with cars...but i love wrxs
    I wouldn't call it hard, per se, but you will have to take some things apart. The hard part is pretty much done for you, it's wired, and the vaccuum line is already ran to the guage. You're going to have to get a new pod that is made to replace the stock steering column cover, take the gauge out of the pillar pod, re-run the wires and vaccuum line to the steering column location, and reinstall the gauge.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I vote leave it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I wouldn't call it hard, per se, but you will have to take some things apart. The hard part is pretty much done for you, it's wired, and the vaccuum line is already ran to the guage. You're going to have to get a new pod that is made to replace the stock steering column cover, take the gauge out of the pillar pod, re-run the wires and vaccuum line to the steering column location, and reinstall the gauge.
    This could be the hard part. I'm not too familiar with Subies but in some cases you would have to take the dash apart to do this. I also agree with Drew. Just leave it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless you really want to change it's location, then go for it!

I have a stock turbo is it anyway beneficial to get a turbo gauge other than the "cool" factor. How much does it cost with install usually?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats View Post
    I have a stock turbo is it anyway beneficial to get a turbo gauge other than the "cool" factor. How much does it cost with install usually?
    It's pretty much required when you want to increase your boost level.

As in adjusting the boost level on the stock turbo, or when purchasing a new turbo? Sorry i'm new to my turbo ride

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Both.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats
    As in adjusting the boost level on the stock turbo, or when purchasing a new turbo? Sorry i'm new to my turbo ride
    I'm not sure what's confusing to you - if you are running boost levels higher than the car came from the factory, you should have a boost gauge. IMO, you should have a boost gauge on your car from the factory.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    IMO, you should have a boost gauge on your car from the factory.
    Agreed. If boost isn't in it's target range, something is wrong, whether turning up the boost or stock.

I'll tell you what...its starting to scare me to see so many more people buying WRXs and turbo'd cars without researching and finding out all they can about them BEFORE they buy them...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Well obviously if subaru thought it necessary to have a boost gauge for stock they would have made that a requirement. So having a boost gauge to watch for correct boost would be an extra precaution(a very good one I would imagine). I guess my confusion is how you run a higher boost I just didn't know it was adjustable. Thanks for the tips, I may end up looking into getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats View Post
    Well obviously if subaru thought it necessary to have a boost gauge for stock they would have made that a requirement. So having a boost gauge to watch for correct boost would be an extra precaution(a very good one I would imagine). I guess my confusion is how you run a higher boost I just didn't know it was adjustable. Thanks for the tips, I may end up looking into getting one.
    Are you asking this as a question?

Tuning. That's how you up the boost.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

best place to put the boost gauge using an Autometer bezel gauge pod. Keeps the gauge out of the way and is easy to view without getting too distracted.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-28-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast