Turbo gauge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It was a question but I understand now. That does look like a good spot for the gauges. When I ...

It was a question but I understand now. That does look like a good spot for the gauges. When I buy my gauge is there a subaru turbo gauge or better to purchase a different one? Anyone have any on a 08+ wrx? Do i get dealership to install or fairly easy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats
    When I buy my gauge is there a subaru turbo gauge or better to purchase a different one? Anyone have any on a 08+ wrx? Do i get dealership to install or fairly easy?
    Subaru offers an SPT gauge now, which I prefer to the OEM Lamco one they used in previous MYs:
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1523

I run Defi Red Racer gauges:

As for installation, how mechanically/electrically inclined are you? It's really not too difficult to install.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats View Post
    It was a question but I understand now. That does look like a good spot for the gauges. When I buy my gauge is there a subaru turbo gauge or better to purchase a different one? Anyone have any on a 08+ wrx? Do i get dealership to install or fairly easy?
    not sure if they changed the OEM boost gauge since 2002, but usually the subaru OEM gauge measures the boost in bar and not psi. Usually easier to go with a gauge that reads in psi instead of bar, but that all depends on the person. It's like whether u prefer measuring distance in meters or feet/yard.

I like the Omori boost gauge (same as in pic above). It's easy to read unlike the others that have a smoked lens which is harder to read in sunlight due to glare.

Well I'm no mechanic thats for sure but I see there are instructions included which is good news for me . I'll probably have more trouble mounting it. It says mounting pod included, is that for a flat surface or is it fairly flexible on its location.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    not sure if they changed the OEM boost gauge since 2002, but usually the subaru OEM gauge measures the boost in bar and not psi. Usually easier to go with a gauge that reads in psi instead of bar, but that all depends on the person. It's like whether u prefer measuring distance in meters or feet/yard.
    That's why I like the new gauge I mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    I like the Omori boost gauge (same as in pic above). It's easy to read unlike the others that have a smoked lens which is harder to read in sunlight due to glare.
    Omori are quality gauges, as are Greddys.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats
    Well I'm no mechanic thats for sure but I see there are instructions included which is good news for me . I'll probably have more trouble mounting it. It says mounting pod included, is that for a flat surface or is it fairly flexible on its location.
    I'm not exactly sure how it's mounted (looks to be above the cluster), but I believe it uses adhesive tape; I haven't seen one installed in person in a while.

As for install, you'll need to tap your BPV line, run vacuum line into the engine bay through a firewall grommet, and wire the gauge (I did mine to the OEM clock lines). My boost, EGT, and Oil Temp gauges took all of ~2Ĺ hours to do (taking my time & drinking beer with a friend), which included a run to the auto store for 8' of vacuum hose. Grant it, my exhaust manifold was already tapped for the EGT, so there wasn't the added labor of pulling the manifold, tapping it, and reinstalling it.

UNYSOC

I also had a A piller pod but got tired of it and wanted something more low profile I guess so I moved it to the ash tray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1641.jpg   IMG_1643.jpg  

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    (taking my time & drinking beer with a friend)
    Is there any other way to do an install?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    Is there any other way to do an install?
    Nope

UNYSOC

So in case I get the package and go whooooa too much for me to handle, has anyone got dealer installed and have a price?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats View Post
    So in case I get the package and go whooooa too much for me to handle, has anyone got dealer installed and have a price?
    You wont think it's too much. It takes a bit of effort but you'll be ok.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm a fan of the Subie Gal pod.

Another great stock-looking option with a decent price tag and great quality are Maddad Clarity gauges as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12