i need gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on i need gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need some gauges i already have a boost gauge but i want an oil temp gauge so im gonna ...

i need gauges

i need some gauges i already have a boost gauge but i want an oil temp gauge so im gonna have to buy the pillar any ideas and how hard to install and recommend a brand or a site to order from thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    if u have the $$$ i would say Defi hands down.
    "if you want peace, prepare for war", latin proverb and common sense
    "Why do penguins take smoke breaks?"

wtf never heard of it send me a link or something thanks man

I Support ClubWRX
    What boost gauge do you currently have? Having mismatched gauges looks pretty crappy IMO.

Defi gauges are nice, but they are on the pricey side, and that's a turnoff to some. There are many other gauges that offer the "sweep" and look similar, but tend to have failures (great with warranty, but how many times do you want to uninstall/reinstall the gauge?), and have a tendency not to be accurate (an inaccurate gauge is worse than none at all). Other gauges to consider would be Greddy or Omori.

As for gauge pods, the A-pillar is alright, but I prefer the clock or steering column pods (at least for your first set of gauges). ATI is nice because it allows you to install either 52mm or 60mm gauges in it pretty easily.

Most any aftermarket parts supplier will carry gauges and gauge pods. Try looking at some of the vendors on our site for an idea on pricing.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

my subie came with the gauge when i bough its the one that subaru offers and it goes on the steering column there i though about getting the clock gauges but i dont wanna have to tear the whole dash apart thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattwelc5 View Post
    wtf never heard of it send me a link or something thanks man

Link:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=defi+gauges
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    importimage has a package deal for gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    +2 for implementation!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I did pretty well with an Autometer and a universal pillar pod from the autoparts store. It took a little arts and crafts skill to sculpt the pod with a heat gun, but its a custom fit, and the plastic matches the dash pretty well. Its the cheaper way to go, but still looks good imo.

Autometer

GaugePod
    Last edited by ScorpionWins; 06-23-2010 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.