Extra plug inside center console???

This is a discussion on Extra plug inside center console??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was messing around and had part of my center console apart. Underneath the piece that holds the rear view ...

Extra plug inside center console???

I was messing around and had part of my center console apart. Underneath the piece that holds the rear view mirror switches/seat heaters I found an extra plug just sitting there. Its got a while connector, probably 6 to 8 pins. Anyone know what this is for??? There is a blank switch stop just forward of my window control and I noticed the cable reaches to that point. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

someone may know better than I, but perhaps it's wiring for the dccd? that, if you had an sti, would have its controls in the center console, and would need some wiring run to the diff...

...dunno why they'd put the wiring in on a wrx, though...
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a half decent picture of it, might help out. Even a crappy cell picture would do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Get a half decent picture of it, might help out. Even a crappy cell picture would do the trick.
    If you can't get a picture of it in a post, there's only so many options available, mirror controls, rear windshield defrost, intercooler spray, reverse foglamps, DCCD, 6 disc/10 disc changer control, amplified subwoofer, reverse sensor wire (one wire, and so you can rule that out). Otherwise, if I am missing one, clue me in, I'd guess it is the changer control from the stock radio/CD controller deck if you don't have one.

+1 on a picture, we'll know immediately what it is if you can post one up.