speaker question

This is a discussion on speaker question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i made a thread last week about my system, and we concluded that my drivers door is missing a crossover, ...

speaker question

i made a thread last week about my system, and we concluded that my drivers door is missing a crossover, while my passenger door has one, and that is why my drivers side speakers wont work.

i plan on buying a crossover in a few weeks when i get the money, but for the time being i have some extra speaker wire, could i just wire from 1 crossover to the other door for the next few weeks?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. But it really isn't worth it IMO. Just be patient and do it right. You'll thank yourself later.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    No, because that crossover in your passenger door has passenger door signals going in. If you wire from that over it will become mono right channel in your car.

I'd just wait for the crossover, def not worth running the cables. You can just connect the wire in your driver door to whatever woofer is in the door for now if you want. It might be a bit blurry compared to the passenger, but it should take it okay.

I'd avoid the tweeter incase it doesn't have a cap on it (low frequencies own tweeters)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    No, because that crossover in your passenger door has passenger door signals going in. If you wire from that over it will become mono right channel in your car.
    i see, i see. great advice yet again. thanks man
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    No problem. The crossover shouldn't be much.

I'd say look into active crossovers if you have a good set of components, but you'd need a seperate amp for each set of speakers (tweeters/mids/woofers/sub). It's basically a configurable crossover. Need a hell of a set of ears to get them configured right if you don't have a fancy SPL (sound pressure level) meter though.

Really though a passive crossover like the one in your door should be pretty cheap. You can make your own, but it's not worth fooling with it in my opinion - too much guess and check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro