Boost gauge install troubles for my 2010 sedan ltd

This is a discussion on Boost gauge install troubles for my 2010 sedan ltd within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend and i spent the afternoon installing my new defi boost gauge and single mount pod. After the install ...

Boost gauge install troubles for my 2010 sedan ltd

My friend and i spent the afternoon installing my new defi boost gauge and single mount pod. After the install we noticed the gauge was showing a short circuit warning by hovering in between 10-20 when idle. We checked everything, all looked good. I think it might be something with the sensor because when i remove the line the line that goes from the vacum line to the sensor the gauge goes to normal. Any thoughts on this guys sorry im a bit of a noob lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    RTFM

But seriously...Defi has trouble shooting steps on their website. Start there.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    RTFM

But seriously...Defi has trouble shooting steps on their website. Start there.
    whats RTFM lol

and... I might be blind, but I cant find any troubleshooting area on their site?
    link?
    ty

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

I Support ClubWRX
    It means Read The Freakin Manual

You can download it on the Defi site...

Here is the link to the racer series...I'm not sure which series you have though

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/rg/rg_manual.html

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

It means Read The Freakin Manual

You can download it on the Defi site...

Here is the link to the racer series...I'm not sure which series you have though

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/rg/rg_manual.html
    lol oh ok . sorry like i said im a noob. but on the realy. i read the manual .. everything seems to be installed corectly

I Support ClubWRX
    Was it the racer series?

If it is an electric gauge you need to make sure that the gauge's 12V+ wire stays on while starting the car.

If it does not the gauge will fail the start up test and read incorrectly. Most of the accessories lose power when the car is actually cranking. I had to find a 12v+ wire that was always on during starting in the fuse box.

Thats probably in the manual somewhere....
    2010 WRX Limited - OBP
    Sport Performance 1C package

Was it the racer series?
    yeah racer series.. ok so imback at it today and i noticed that the guage wont turn off even when the keys are out of the ignition. so this is evidently a wiring issue right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you got a constant 12V instead of the ACC 12V. I'd say wiring, but no first hand experience other than with head units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Sounds like you got a constant 12V instead of the ACC 12V. I'd say wiring, but no first hand experience other than with head units.
    you think this could be the reason why its showing short circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Tripintaz View Post
    If it is an electric gauge you need to make sure that the gauge's 12V+ wire stays on while starting the car.

If it does not the gauge will fail the start up test and read incorrectly. Most of the accessories lose power when the car is actually cranking. I had to find a 12v+ wire that was always on during starting in the fuse box.

Thats probably in the manual somewhere....
    which wire did you tap into Tripin?