Child Safety Windows - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Child Safety Windows within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by teikyo30 How do convertibles do it? Is it lacking a roof altogether at that point that allows ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    How do convertibles do it? Is it lacking a roof altogether at that point that allows it to handle properly? I was thinking about a convertible WRX today...wonder if anyone made one yet.

Convertibles aren't structurally sound. Have you ever wondered why convertibles aren't allowed on race tracks? Some places won't even also cars with t-tops on the track because they aren't safe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The answer is no the windows do not go all the way down in a Forrester.

This bothered me when I first got my Subi, but then i remember, I'm not driving from the back seat.

Personally, yea the sedan has alot of space, and I can fit 4 people and our luggage no problem. But I absolutely HATE driving with more then one passenger, The car feels weighed down and sluggish. I think that 85% of the reason they keep the sedan a 4 door is because, 1. Insurance would be higher if it were a 2-door, and 2. The hatchback pretty much needs to be a 4-door because everyone usually buys them due to all the space they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    This bothered me when I first got my Subi, but then i remember, I'm not driving from the back seat.

Personally, yea the sedan has alot of space, and I can fit 4 people and our luggage no problem. But I absolutely HATE driving with more then one passenger, The car feels weighed down and sluggish. I think that 85% of the reason they keep the sedan a 4 door is because, 1. Insurance would be higher if it were a 2-door, and 2. The hatchback pretty much needs to be a 4-door because everyone usually buys them due to all the space they offer.
    1 makes sense.

2 I don't really understand...

add a 3rd...the WRX and STI are based off the Impreza, which is Subaru's base economy sedan...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewis229 View Post
    The answer is no the windows do not go all the way down in a Forrester.
    The windows aren't much of an issue with the huge moonroof it has that opens up all the way giving it an almost convertible like feel.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    1 makes sense.

2 I don't really understand...

add a 3rd...the WRX and STI are based off the Impreza, which is Subaru's base economy sedan...
    I'm saying that I don't believe Subaru focuses on the back seats too much, they keep them because enthusiasts love that they can have a sporty car with 4 doors and holds up to 4-5 passengers. But other then that, the comfort of backseat passengers aren't focused on too much

I'm saying that I don't believe Subaru focuses on the back seats too much, they keep them because enthusiasts love that they can have a sporty car with 4 doors and holds up to 4-5 passengers. But other then that, the comfort of backseat passengers aren't focused on too much
    You're only 17, don't worry. One day you will figure out what that back seat is for.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Not really.The WRX/STI has more rear leg room than most cars I've seen.

For comparison,I'm 5'9" & I was very uncomfortable in the rear seat of the new Veloster Turbo.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I mite be 17, but I am 6'1" and 285 pounds. no way in hell I'm doin it back there.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Not really.The WRX/STI has more rear leg room than most cars I've seen.

For comparison,I'm 5'9" & I was very uncomfortable in the rear seat of the new Veloster Turbo.
    very true, I was comparing it to my moms merc E350 but then again, I have more room in the front seats then the merc, and it doesn't have much more back seat room at all. I guess I'm just fat

I Support ClubWRX
    The Merc is another thing.I don't think they care about rear seat passengers unless you buy an S-class.

Have you seen the "family oriented" GLK.The rear leg room is pathetic.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I mite be 17, but I am 6'1" and 285 pounds. no way in hell I'm doin it back there.

I think Maus was referring to the results of such actions...
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The Merc is another thing.I don't think they care about rear seat passengers unless you buy an S-class.

Have you seen the "family oriented" GLK.The rear leg room is pathetic.
    My grandpa's got the S65 AMG, thing has more back seat room then my ma's old Escalade

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm upset I can't roll my rear windshield down. I mean, the 4Runner can do it, so why can't I?!? I'm gonna get really pissed off and ***** about it to everyone on the forum about how terrible Subarus are.

/s

PS: the legroom in the back of my sedan is ample for two adults, better than many SUVs I've ridden in. I would never stick anyone in the middle seat, period.

EDIT: Horray, the swear filter is back to business as usual.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I just realized this was a 2 year old thread bump too
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast