door panel rattle

This is a discussion on door panel rattle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, so i just installed a new set of front door speakers in my 04 wrx. i had to remove ...

door panel rattle

hey,
    so i just installed a new set of front door speakers in my 04 wrx. i had to remove the hole door panel on both side of the car in order to do it. now when my speakers are turned up there is an abnoxious rattle on the passengers side door. Any home made device, blanket, buble wrap, anything to stop this.???
    or maybe my door panel isnt put back on correctly.
    help me yoooo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dynomat my friend, dynomat

yesir, i just dont have a spare 170$ lying around. i just made my liner out of a towel. cut that shz up. works well

eBay, much cheaper than best buy

werd? never got the chance to figure ebay out lol

I just did my speakers too. I guess I got lucky, I didn't get a rattle after doing mine. It's possible that your speakers themselves are rattling with the hole that they go in. I have a layer of cardboard between the metal and the speakers. Rattling is generally always a loose bolt or at the source of a mod.

yea, i did something similar to that.

I Support ClubWRX
    They make off brand dyno mats. They aren't the best. Some are harder to stick, some need layered etc. If its only in your passenger side, though, I'd lean towards the panel not being on right.

I dont' have a wrx, how is the door panel put on? I have only worked with GMC type vehicles. The push pins GMC uses on some of their vehicles is not my favorite choice; they always dont' go in quite right and rattle.

EDIT: After browsing over this again, double sided tape (the foamish kind) is great for reducing rattles. It isn't perfect, but it does the job sometimes.
    Last edited by Heide264; 05-20-2010 at 11:25 AM.

if you are still getting rattles, take the panel off and look at the lower-rearward section. On my 2010 there is a plastic box structure (I'm guessing for strength/reinforcement), perfectly positioned to rattle against the door itself on one side, and the door panel on the other. I used some adhesive backed foam and rubber strategically placed - killed the rattles.