iSimple Gateway ISHS71

This is a discussion on iSimple Gateway ISHS71 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; iSimple - SoundByte AppleŽ iPodŽ Connection Kit for Select Vehicles (Basic Install Included) - ISHS71 Personally I like it, installed ...

Thumbs up iSimple Gateway ISHS71

iSimple - SoundByte AppleŽ iPodŽ Connection Kit for Select Vehicles (Basic Install Included) - ISHS71

Personally I like it, installed it today and works 100% with the factory radio. Cost is $199 vs the approx $500 I heard from the dealer.this also gives me the option to purchase the HD radio option which the factory option doesn't include. Install was only about 20 min.

Sorry it only works for the 08+ WRX and STI with factory radio or nav unit. They do have an aftermarket one as well that I have not used yet.

:thumb up:
    2008 Subaru WRX 5door : EJ25 Turbo
    1997 Honda Del Sol : N/A D16Y8
    1982 Pontiac Trans Am : Chevy 305

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What if I already have Sirius through the Nav system?

I have a 2008 WRX w/ the Nav System and Sirius Satellite. I've read alot about the Gateway iPod interface...I keep reading things about having to disconnect the factory satellite tuner and then having to buy the iSimple Satellite tuner for both the iPod and Sirius to work...does anybody know anything more about this? Why can't Gateway work with the factory Satellite tuner?