aftermarket HU and speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on aftermarket HU and speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just picked up a Pioneer AVH 4200DVD HU and component Alpine SPS-600C for the fronts. I won't be getting it ...

aftermarket HU and speakers

Just picked up a Pioneer AVH 4200DVD HU and component Alpine SPS-600C for the fronts. I won't be getting it for another week though. Can't wait.

I wonder if that will way better than the Stock unit. I really don't want to spend extra for rear speakers, sub, and amp. So hopefully that setup will suffice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool! are you planning to do a walkthru of the installation? i'm a bit of an audio nerd, so i'd like to know what you think of the finished product!

That's a nice HU

Fresh! I just got my avh-p3200dvd, not as nice as the 4200 but I didnt need the bluetooth or navigation. Waitin on some help to put it in though, I dont know jack
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

i don't know anything on stereo either. thank god the place includes free install on the HU.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    it's going to sound much, much better

one more question, if in the future I wasn't satified with the bass and wanted to add a sub to my system, can i just get a 4 channel amp and use 2 for the front speakers and 2 to power the sub. Or would it be better to get two amps, one for the speakers and one for the sub. I don't plan on getting any too crazy, i don't want people to hear me 2 streets away. I was thinking maybe the Alpine R 10 or 12 inch and a Alpine 4 channel amp. If the RMS for the front speakers are 2-80 and the sub that I wanted was 50-300, what would a adequate amp put out?

thanks

That would work. I have an Alpine PDX-4.100, and I think that would work great for what you're wanting to do. You could just run the front two channels to your door speakers and the rear channels bridged to your sub. Although I'm not sure what kind of sub output your HU has on it, you may need a low pass filter for the sub. It seems like if the HU only sends low frequencies to the sup output then you could just plug that into the rear channels on the amp and you'd be good to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post
    one more question, if in the future I wasn't satified with the bass and wanted to add a sub to my system, can i just get a 4 channel amp and use 2 for the front speakers and 2 to power the sub. Or would it be better to get two amps, one for the speakers and one for the sub. I don't plan on getting any too crazy, i don't want people to hear me 2 streets away. I was thinking maybe the Alpine R 10 or 12 inch and a Alpine 4 channel amp. If the RMS for the front speakers are 2-80 and the sub that I wanted was 50-300, what would a adequate amp put out?

thanks
    Honestly you would do well off getting a monoblock amp to run your sub, and then a good amp for your highs. Example, I have 4 Hertz high end speakers running of a 400 watt RF amp with 4 channels. Then I have a P3 run off a RF 500.1 mono. It sounds good, and is not too crazy. I have two doom agents that sit in the back, and its not too much for them. Wouldn't want to hurt my girls' ears.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post

thanks
    If you do that you can't amp your rear speakers.

If you want to keep it easy, look at the Apline pdx5, that way you can amp all your speakers, and run a sub off it as well. I've got that pushing a JL12w3 in a audio integrations box and it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tek-Fox View Post
    If you do that you can't amp your rear speakers.

If you want to keep it easy, look at the Apline pdx5, that way you can amp all your speakers, and run a sub off it as well. I've got that pushing a JL12w3 in a audio integrations box and it sounds great.

^^ a five channel is a good option

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.