Component speakers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Component speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I wanted advice on some head units that I want to pick up this weekend. I am deciding between ...

Component speakers?

Hi,

I wanted advice on some head units that I want to pick up this weekend. I am deciding between the Pioneer AVH 3200, AVIC U310BT, or something around $400.

I am going to replace the front speakers too. If I pick up components for the front, will I also need to get an amp to power it or will the HU be sufficient. If not, then I will just get co-axial speakers.

I don't really listen to music super loud, so I really don't want to spend on a amp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The hu will be pleanty loud... just upgrade the speakers inside the cabin and I suggest getting a small amp like 500 watts and get a 10 inch dual coiled sub just to even everything out and it will sound sweet...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

As far as 400 for a HU that's pretty steep. Depending on what bells and whistles you want, but as far as audio clarity and quality you could go with a $150-200 HU and spend the difference on a good amp and speakers.
    Crutchfield has a good sale on a Kicker 35x4 RMS (which is a very conservative rating -intentionally) and is likely more like 45w RMS x4 for $99.
    Dynamat your doors, get some components up front and coaxials for the back. Later you can get a sub as already suggested.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you get bottom tier components the HU alone won't be enough to properly power them. They will play, but you won't be getting the most out of them. Plus the output from a HU is going to have much more distortion than if you were running the speakers from an amp.

Just look at the RMS power rating for the components you want, and remember most head units only put out 12 watts RMS per channel at a very high THD level compared to most amps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.