navigation unit help????

This is a discussion on navigation unit help???? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; whats up guys? my search button is not working and i would like to if anyone has installed a navigation ...

navigation unit help????

whats up guys? my search button is not working and i would like to if anyone has installed a navigation unit. i would like to know where and how you installed the gps antenna and the reverse wire. I did install one on my old 03 EP3 but i am scared to open up the 2010 WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by XxllplayallxX View Post
    whats up guys? my search button is not working and i would like to if anyone has installed a navigation unit. i would like to know where and how you installed the gps antenna and the reverse wire. I did install one on my old 03 EP3 but i am scared to open up the 2010 WRX.
    I put the GPS antenna under the dashboard on my 09 WRX. Sort of "forward" of the stereo itself. That way everything is hidden, no wires, and I've had no reception issues!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    I put the GPS antenna under the dashboard on my 09 WRX. Sort of "forward" of the stereo itself. That way everything is hidden, no wires, and I've had no reception issues!
    Thank you! Do you just have it loose or zip tied anywere in particular? How about the reverse wire and speedometer?

On the 09, if you feel sort of forward-right there is a small ledge juuuust under the dashboard. I foam taped it right there. It's just under the surface of the dash, with a clear view of the sky through the plastic dash and windshield. I'm sure the 2010 is very similar if not identical.

I didn't tap reverse wire for anything (no back up cam... yet at least!) and no need on my stereo for speedo...

I'm sure there are posts somewhere about how to get the reverse signal ... I'd imagine you could find it somewhere near the shifter since I'd assume it gets the reverse signal from there somewhere?

Speedo can be found in the dash gauge cluster wiring harness I believe. Not sure which one though since I didn't need it.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120