Prosport Gauges peak/warn vs. non Q&A
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prosport Gauges peak/warn vs. non Q&A within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge - click to enlargeNew from Prosport, the Premium series gauges ...

Prosport Gauges peak/warn vs. non Q&A

Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge

Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge - click to enlargeNew from Prosport, the Premium series gauges have fully electronic stepper-motor drivers. That means they have the cool functions like peak/hold and user-selectable warnings. But they DON'T require a separate control unit! A simple push-button on the face of the gauge controls all the functions.

The Premium Series boost gauge is available in 60m or 52mm gauge diameter; you can either use any standard gauge mount, or just mount the gauge free-standing using the included hardware. 30-in HG to 30 pounds of boost, and amber/white (switchable) lighting. Green/white (switchable) lighting is also available on the 52mm gauges.

Like more expensive gauges, Prosport Premium Series gauges can be daisy-chained together. Just wire up ONE gauge for power/ground/lighting, then run a short jumper harness to each additional gauge! Jumper harnesses are included with each gauge, of course.

Oh, and best of all, this gauge has both "opening ceremony" behavior (just like those mega-buck gauges everyone wants), as well as a shut-down display!

Kit includes gauge, gauge mount, hood, boost sensor, hose and wiring harnesses.

Note: Current Prosport electric gauge sensors are referenced to ABSOLUTE pressure. If you live about 2000 feet of altitude, they WILL NOT read accurately.

Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge - 52mm 05380Regular price: $99.00

Prosport Electric Boost Gauge

Prosport Electric Boost Gauge - click to enlargeThis electrically-actuated boost gauge reads 30 in-Hg to 30 psi. Choose from green/white (switchable) or amber/white (switchable) backlighting, each with red illuminated needle. When off, the gauge is completely dark, like some of those other, more expensive gauges. You can wire the gauge to be the same backlighting color night and day, or switch from one color to the other when you switch on your lights at night.

Comes complete with vacuum hose, vacuum tee, gauge hood and mounting bracket (see inset pic for a view of what's in the box). 52mm or 60mm gauge size. And yes, since this gauge is electric and not mechanical, it DOES have the "opening ceremony" behavior when it powers on!

Note: Current Prosport electric gauge sensors are referenced to ABSOLUTE pressure. If you live about 2000 feet of altitude, they WILL NOT read accurately.

52mm Prosport Electric Boost Gauge 05359 $59.00
    ------------------

Besides the Peak/Warning is there a difference I'm not noticing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You're paying an extra $40 for the gauge, and it still isn't accurate
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You're paying an extra $40 for the gauge, and it still isn't accurate
    Every gauge someone recommends, someone else shoots down. Is there any gauge you think is great, but reasonably priced?

Some people say glowshift is good, others hate it, some say autometer is good but low quality, prosport has it's haters too. I'm not willing to spend $200+ for some AEM Gauge when some people have owned that and one of the other brands i listed, and said they both worked the same!

I don't know, im between a rock and a hard spot, that's for sure

like vdo, and have had good luck with stewart warner too. Also used exclusively autometer in the last "project" car... never had any accuracy issues. If autometer is low quality, I'd like to see how. I've been looking at one of these prosport boost gauges.. more because they light up similar to the wrx dash lighting. I wouldn't look too out of place. But, I've run into the same equal amount of good vs bad reviews on them. Really not sure what to think.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    An inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all. Even if the manufacturer gives you a warranty and replaces the gauge if it's inaccurate or dies, how many times do you want to uninstall, ship it, wait, then reinstall?

Spend your $$ on quality gauges (e.g., Defi, Greddy, Omori) the first time and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobsack
    Some people say glowshift is good, others hate it, some say autometer is good but low quality, prosport has it's haters too. I'm not willing to spend $200+ for some AEM Gauge when some people have owned that and one of the other brands i listed, and said they both worked the same!
    Not only should you consider the review, but the person who gives it as well.
    Last edited by EJ257; 03-12-2010 at 08:38 AM.

UNYSOC

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobsack View Post
    Prosport Premium Peak/Warning Boost Gauge
    52mm Prosport Electric Boost Gauge 05359 $59.00
    ------------------
    Besides the Peak/Warning is there a difference I'm not noticing?
    Yes, the movement that drives the gauge is different between the two. Performance series gauges use an aircore movement and Premium series gauges uses a stepper motor. Stepper motor movements are more accurate on average by about 2%. Premium series gauges also use different senders and they come with mounting cups.

When I had my DSM, the DSM community highly praised prosport gauges.

I sold my car right before I was going to buy them, but mostly good reviews from DSM guys. Don't see why it would be different for a WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    An inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all.
    Spend your $$ on quality gauges (e.g., Defi, Greddy, Omori) the first time and be done with it.
    not only should you consider the review, but the person who gives it as well.
    There have been many independent side by side test,between Prosport and Defi, we are just as accurate. We will glady put our gauges against any other gauge on the market for side by side test by any qualified shop. (it has already been done by a few places) but we'll be happy to prove it to anyone who can perform and non bias accurate test with the proper equipment.

Just because it cost more does not mean it is more accurate...

i have the premium boost gauge from prosport and have not had a single problem with it. it's been on for a year and a half and still running perfectly. completely accurate too. alot of people that decide to install these things themselves usually hook it up improperly thus giving boost gauges poor reviews. had mine done at a reputable shop near me that installs them all the time.
    Last edited by silverautorex; 05-25-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added text

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges View Post
    There have been many independent side by side test,between Prosport and Defi, we are just as accurate.
    Link?

UNYSOC

The last one I know of was IA performance in Arizona. Sorry no link..

i would buy premium guages!!! i run 5 60mm premium guages i would say buy them cause there great !!! trust me you will love them and you will not have any problems with them !!!
    "While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."

You guys do get a discount also because of this forum..

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Well today I noticed my premium prosport boost gauge was only hitting about 16 psi....so I plugged my AP in and set it on boost and while my gauge was hitting 16 my AP was hitting 21.......so....oh I am tuned for 21 too....
    We will be glad to help you out, but as the title of this thread implies this is for the differences of performance and Premium series...
    so lets not clog up the thread with troubleshooting or tech advice. I have PM'd you. or you can call us 727-572-9011 for such advice.

For prosport gauges, How much is the discount?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.