Avoid Glowshift at all costs! (Triple pod dash kit)

This is a discussion on Avoid Glowshift at all costs! (Triple pod dash kit) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Did some searching around, read about every forum there was and after long debate I decided glowshift "appeared" to have ...

Avoid Glowshift at all costs! (Triple pod dash kit)

Did some searching around, read about every forum there was and after long debate I decided glowshift "appeared" to have one of the best subie specific triple pods i had seen(dash mount replaces clock molding), since i didnt read any negative about them i decided to go with it. well they sure as **** photoshoped their pic they use because the second i pulled mine out of the box i knew i had made a mistake.
    1) The color didn't match the dash like the picture shows
    2) The Plastic was pretty warped
    3) There was no 'installation hardware' and even if there was there is no where to clip,screw anything on this pod.

100% a pile of junk. DO NOT buy this item! It was pretty easy to install so when my wife gets home i'll take her camera and get some pictures in case anyone is curious just how bad it really is!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobsack View Post
    Avoid Glowshift at all costs!
    We know.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    We know. Glowshift has a nickname that's it's name minus one letter. Figure it out.

:/

They can make anything at all look nice over the endless tubes of the internet, the real deal is sadly much less impressive. Definitely know the feeling of not getting what you paid for.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Bought the triple A-pillar pod... thinking "it's only plastic, how bad can they screw it up?"

They can... they did.... fits like crap.... it's the only purchase I regret out of the $15K I've spent on upgrades for my car.

The only reason I haven't replaced it yet, is because I'm going to put a cage in my car soon, and the A-pillar pod will have to go anyway.

I wouldn't even DREAM of installing one of those POS gauges in my car.... but the pods are just as bad.

.... absolutely useless.

Glow$hit earned it's name for a reason.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I have the Glowshift triple pillar in my car.
    boost,oil pressure, and volt

The gauges are terrible. I also tried to read reviews but they were all positive.

Terrible fit the button for the color change gets stuck. The boost/vac didnt work.

I emailed them, all they told me to do was twist the gauge until the button gets unstuck and same with the boost.

I will take pictures right now and post them.

I honestly don't think the boost even reads right.

Last edited by cabikejumper; 03-18-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabikejumper View Post

lol