system rattling

This is a discussion on system rattling within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; have a small system in 2009 wrx sedan, but I get a lot of rattling from the back panel behind ...

system rattling

have a small system in 2009 wrx sedan, but I get a lot of rattling from the back panel behind the passenger seats, it rattles/vibrates against the windshield and is very annoying and noticeable.....any suggestions on how to fix this problem?? didn't know if they make something specific for this like a rubber strip or some kind of gel to line it with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I gave insulating foam a try and it was too messy and didn't work out. I've been wanting to try Dynamat but haven't gotten around to it. You could keep somebody in the backseat putting pressure on the panel and it will not rattle.

haha well you are the one elected to sit in my back seat and hold down the panel then. and ya i'm not real familiar with dynamat, i heard its expensive stuff, but i thought that was mainly for floors and door panels....

Get rid of the system....problem solved.

Figure out exactly where the rattling is coming from by placing a folded piece of cardboard between the window and the tray. Place a small piece of foam weather stripping in that spot.

My Tacoma had a rattly dash from the factory and I let it annoy the hell out of me until I did this. There was even a TSB for it that involved removing the entire bloody dash...

Edit: If it doesn't rattle, it's not a genuine Subaru.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by jayslee07 View Post
    haha well you are the one elected to sit in my back seat and hold down the panel then. and ya i'm not real familiar with dynamat, i heard its expensive stuff, but i thought that was mainly for floors and door panels....
    Dynamat is pretty heavy for what it is. If I had another alternative I wouldn't get it. If it were me I would probably go with the cardboard idea. Good luck!
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156