Running Power cable from battery to amplifier in trunk

This is a discussion on Running Power cable from battery to amplifier in trunk within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know of a place that a power cable can be run through the firewall without drilling?...

Running Power cable from battery to amplifier in trunk

Does anyone know of a place that a power cable can be run through the firewall without drilling?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubuKid View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that a power cable can be run through the firewall without drilling?
    what year??
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Remote Power

I have heard of using a frame rail under the car, rather than routing it through the cabin. You may have to cut a hole in the frame rail if you go that way; I wouldn't want to cut a very big one! An oh, when you cut a hole, spray paint the edges of your cut to avoid rusting.

Also, I have seen where people have used an existing boot? grommet? that is in the firewall around an existing penetration; cutting a hole in the "boot" and passing the new wire through it.

I suggest using polyethylene tubing as a conduit and fasten it to the side of a frame rail.

If you need to enter the trunk from the outside, look for rubber bungs that are usually in the lowest part of the trunk, used to drain water when flooded inside. Cut a hole in the rubber bung and pass your mini-conduit through.

Hope any of that helps.

Gary
    2010 Sedan

In my 02 i ran the power cable through a rubber grommet that is right behind the clutch pedal. mine already had a hole in it but it would be easy to cut a hole slightly smaller than the cable to tightly seal the hole.
    Bugeye Mafia #306

Multiple grommets in fire wall behind steering wheel ...

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown44 View Post
    In my 02 i ran the power cable through a rubber grommet that is right behind the clutch pedal. mine already had a hole in it but it would be easy to cut a hole slightly smaller than the cable to tightly seal the hole.
    When you ran it through did it interfere with your clutch at all or will the clutch still have full range of motion?

It did not interfere at all.
    I still have all my clutch functionality.
    I just fed it around/through existing wires to have it out of the way of everything
    Bugeye Mafia #306