Installing auto dim mirror with homelink?

This is a discussion on Installing auto dim mirror with homelink? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone ever do this? If I were to buy a wrx without it and bought it aftermarket for 9 anyone ...

Installing auto dim mirror with homelink?

Anyone ever do this? If I were to buy a wrx without it and bought it aftermarket for $199 anyone know where this installs too? if it comes with a special harness for it?

I want it for the home link feature, but I wont do it if it involves cutting into other wires...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There needs to be power runing to the mirror... I dont think there is a special harness persae... Just a + and - cable... The rest of the mirror should be self contained...

I didnt install mine but you can see the wires running down the windshield from the roof liner...

I would think at the least you will have to take the headliner down at least in the front to run the wires. I would also call subaru and see if the wires are prerun into the headliner.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Anyone ever install this? I am wondering if a 2008 Impreza (non-WRX) would be pre-wired.

Thanks!

John