Eclipse Speakers

This is a discussion on Eclipse Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know eclipse is pulling out of the aftermarket for car audio. Does anyone have any experience with eclipse speakers? ...

JT7

Eclipse Speakers

I know eclipse is pulling out of the aftermarket for car audio. Does anyone have any experience with eclipse speakers?

Crutchfield has 6 1/2's that will fit the '10 WRX and the price is only $50 a pair.

Good, Bad?...better than stock

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not to sure about these particular speakers but im in the market for new speakers for my 09 and would like to hear bout these speakers as well..

JT7
    Nobody?

Hey, I had eclipse speakers and one of their head units back in the day. They sounded great, I never regretted the purchase. Definitely a Giant step up from the stockers. The bass was good, but I eventually ended up throwing in 2 12" subs to make the sound really incredible. Treble won't disappoint. The overall sound quality is definitely on par with Panasonic and Alpine.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

JT7
    Thanks for the input. I had a Fujitsu ten (eclipse) head unit in a Supra I owned a long time ago. That was an uninspiring H/U. However for the price, these seem like a good deal.

Try and find Polk Audio DB651 speakers instead, you can normally find them quite cheap and they sound awesome for the price.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

JT7
    I like polk's. Have a set of 6x9 Momo branded one in my other car. I also like Boston Accoustics but they are a bit more $$

Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post
    I like polk's. Have a set of 6x9 Momo branded one in my other car. I also like Boston Accoustics but they are a bit more $$
    For me honestly it JL all the way but $$$$$!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

if you go eclipse def. get a nice sub for lows, I have eclipse all around in my current car highs are amazing but that's all they have are highs,

I've only experienced Eclipse subs...which were awesome at the time. But this was 6 years ago. I'm sure their quality remains the same, just I feel car audio is declining in interest now days since car companies are putting some thought into the stock systems now. Also the way the integrate everything now days makes installs even more difficult. I'd say if you are on a budget, go for the Eclipses. Otherwise, shop around until you find a set of speakers you really get into. One thing IMO is for sure...shop. So much out there to choose from, and for the money, make sure you are getting exactly what you want
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying