Ravelco AntiTheft Device in my 05 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ravelco AntiTheft Device in my 05 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Everyone, I had to share about my WRX's Ravelco Anti-theft Device. Okay it's nothing to flashy or cool, but ...

I Support ClubWRX

Talking Ravelco AntiTheft Device in my 05 WRX

Hi Everyone,

I had to share about my WRX's Ravelco Anti-theft Device.
    Okay it's nothing to flashy or cool, but I love it.
    It's more of peace of mind for me. LOL!

The car won't start without the Ravelco round key inserted.
    If you ever had a dead battery in your car and try to start it that's what you get when the Ravelco key is not in.

The Ravelco device took about 4 hrs to install. I stayed and watched it get done by the Tech.
    These guys know what they are doing and they do some fantastic work. The Tech also came right to my house to install it and let me pick the time and date.
    Check out the images below.
    My engine looks the same as before it was installed. It's hard to find the Ravelco wires they are well hidden.
    Also that round key is not as big as I thought is was going to be.

2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is pretty neat. So you plug the Ravelco key in (under your dash) and then use the key like normal? Nifty idea.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrpowerofWRX View Post
    That is pretty neat. So you plug the Ravelco key in (under your dash) and then use the key like normal? Nifty idea.
    Yes, You need you car key to start your car.
    You first put in the Ravelco round key. It's just plug and play.
    Then you start your car like normal, turning your key.
    If you pull out the Ravelco plug your engine dies.
    The tech should me a few places I could have the Ravelco plug inside my car. I wanted under my dash.
    I wanted to hide the fact that it's there.
    It's funny at night I need to carry my mini flash light so I can see the plug. It's very dark under there. LOL

Check out Ravelco Anti Theft Device
    It's once of the best anti-thef devices. I thought a long time about this or Lo-Jack but after reading some stories I was sold on the Ravelco.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

Thats a cool toy, I need a new system pretty badly. That key looks like the top to a grinder.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Are the 16 pin plugs universal? I would hope that they're specific to each car so that someone couldn't just buy the plug and steal cars fitted with ravelco. Looks really cool though - is it expensive?
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

I already have the Lojack install request form at my home for my pending purchase (i get the friends and family discount )

are you in a high car theft or crime area?

i dont mean to sound like an ass but i dont see having a second "key" as the best security system. unless you live in a real bad area i would think it would be a pain to reach under the dash everytime you wanted to start your car.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

if you dont mind me asking... how much did that run you?
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

I just am doing the lo-jack for insurance rates, they drop a good amount

dunno if his second key will do anything for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    if you dont mind me asking... how much did that run you?
    $469.99 on Ravelco's site. call for custom install
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

I work for a rental company and my boss recently purchased GPS units. I have an opportunity to get a GPS tracker/shut-down unit installed for $150. I only have to pay for the unit itself. I thought about getting it but I have a shock sensor already and I don't think newer Subaru's are being stolen in my area, so i'm not too worried at this point. Still though, for $150 its a hard deal to pass up. I would be able to know exactly where my car is from any computer with internet access. There is also a starter deactivation that works off of a simple relay..... I'm REALLY thinking about getting this just so I will never have to worry about it lol

I Support ClubWRX
    The price for the Ravelco did go up in December.

I was lucky and got mine for $423.95 in November 2009 before the price change. Also I had my done by Ravelco of Maryland.

For the Key each Ravelco plug is unique and individually numbered. There are no "Master" plugs and with more than 100,000 different combinations you are assured that your Ravelco plug is unique and that no one else can start your vehicle simply by gaining access to another Ravelco plug. This is one of the reason why I love it.

The Ravelco Tech told me during the end this year that the Ravelco company will be in contact with Insurance companies to lower the insurance rates of customer who's cars have Ravelco installed.
    I've been keeping up with this and I will let you guys if I hear anymore about it.

My area is not that bad however I did have my car cover stolen last year and one of my neighbor's had their truck stolen (which they did find it and got it back).

So to be safe I wanted to get something that would help make sure my Subie stays where I left it.
    After my car cover got stolen I had bad dream after bad dream so when I say peace of mind I mean it. LOL

The two keys to start the car doesn't bother me.
    I've been doing it for a while now and got used to it.
    The Tech shows you few locations to pick where you want it so you can have it at a easy to get to spot if you want.

Lo-Jack is also good thing to have, I've been thinking about getting it as well.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Lo-Jack is also good thing to have, I've been thinking about getting it as well.
    become friends with the police, and get a discount, i got 50% off, the standard rate of 700 bucks 350 and some change, good luck if you choose to go that route
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.