2010 WRX Audio System Overhaul - Question about front speakers...

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX Audio System Overhaul - Question about front speakers... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, new here. First mod to my WRX is going to absolutely be an upgrade to the audio. The ...

2010 WRX Audio System Overhaul - Question about front speakers...

Hey guys, new here. First mod to my WRX is going to absolutely be an upgrade to the audio. The factory system is disgusting.

I have done my own installs on 5 previous cars, but they were all beaters and I had no qualms about busting a panel clip, etc here and there. Going to get my baby professionally done.

I had some stuff sitting in my closet, and I bought a nice new double din head unit, and currently I have planned:

Pioneer AVH P3100-DVD (bought today)

JBL 600.1 pushing an Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10" sub in a sealed box. (had laying around)

RF2002 pushing a set of Helix Esprit 6.5" Components. (here they are: HXS 136 Esprit - Helix 6.5" 2 Way Component System)

Going to let the install shop handle the Dynamat and the wiring purchases.

My question is whether the components are viable in this car, as I've heard that the speaker holes are incredibly shallow. Does anyone have measurements of that area's depth? I also am not sure how expensive it would be to have them fabricate tweeter pillars for those tweeters, so I've been contemplating buying some JL coaxial speakers for the fronts from the store (they hate when you bring your own gear anyways).

Anyways, sorry I'm a little stoned writing this so I'm sure I'm rambling. Just can't really find much in the way of reference in this area

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want to put the tweets in the sail panels (factory location) and you dont have the premium system you can order the sail panels, I have a set here that I stuffed blaupunkt tweeters into.. However for best staging you want to keep the tweet closer to the midbass driver. If you look at your door panels there's a nice spot just above the door cup holder. Putting them there would be best .. but.. you'll have to cut or drill into the door panel. Do a search .. there's a **** tonne of info on here.. I've spent the last hour going through it and still haven't found what I'm lookin for lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    If you want to put the tweets in the sail panels (factory location) and you dont have the premium system you can order the sail panels, I have a set here that I stuffed blaupunkt tweeters into.. However for best staging you want to keep the tweet closer to the midbass driver. If you look at your door panels there's a nice spot just above the door cup holder. Putting them there would be best .. but.. you'll have to cut or drill into the door panel. Do a search .. there's a **** tonne of info on here.. I've spent the last hour going through it and still haven't found what I'm lookin for lol
    If anyone is still watching this thread I have custom mounted JL tweeters in my door panels, pics if you want?
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Sure i would love to see but i have premium and will prolly just use the factory location