08+ Boost Gauge Pics and ideas

This is a discussion on 08+ Boost Gauge Pics and ideas within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am going to be installing a boost gauge in the car pretty soon. Can anyone provide some pics/thoughts ...

08+ Boost Gauge Pics and ideas

So I am going to be installing a boost gauge in the car pretty soon. Can anyone provide some pics/thoughts on what I should be considering? I like the idea of getting the SPT boost gauge but if there is something nicer/better looking/functioning out there I would like to go with that.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by msedbaue; 01-17-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump for ideas??
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Yeah I saw that, i was just wondering if what other things people have done!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Before I got my SPT i was considering a Defi gauge... The Defi's match our interiors pretty well but you will end up paying more... Stewart Warner gauges are pretty accurate (which is what the SPT gauge is)...

If your not worried about the match there is a slew of gauges out on the market. However mounting options are limited with our cars... Most people have mounted gauges on either the dash hood,, or on the steering column. Some other will put the gauges down on the console off tot he side or in the cubby (where the blue light is)

Really when you break it down the spt gauge is a pretty good bang for your buck. You get the pod and all installation stuff you need.

I did come across a pretty cool gauge pod that mounted to the left side of the dash hood. It continued the dash lines pretty well, attached with double sided tape... But for the life of me I cannot find it again.. The price for just the pod however was $200...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I was waiting for your response poohbear.

haha

Thanks for the info. I imagine Ill go with the SPT boost gauge. How accurate does it seem? Possible video of use?

Thanks
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Umm yeah I could try and get a video for ya... but then I have to make a youtube account and bla bla bla... So dont hold your breath... But Ill see what I can do if I get bored tomorrow...

As for accuracy it seems fine, just as any other gauge... Its very fast to react to vacuum changes even the slightest. It doesnt seem to have much if any lag to it.

The only bad thing I have heard is people have complained about the needle bouncing over slight bumps. I haven't had this issue. I think it may be installation error on the users part. There is a pad that mounts between the pod and the dash hood. I think people are over tightening the pod to the hood. The pad is there to act as a buffer or shock between the hood and the gauge. If you put it on to tight you will see needle bump. Otherwise your good. I should have noted that in the DIY...

If you wanna spend some money and dont mind looking at the gauge in bars. The JDM version at $350-400 price tag sweeps with the gauges... I think the Defi's also sweep, but it wont be in sync with the gauges. They just kinda go back and forth a few times at start up... (i think its Defi it might be another brand)

EDIT> Perhaps another great patron of this forum would like to post a video lol...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-17-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime