Opinion on which guages (A/F, BOOST, ETC)

This is a discussion on Opinion on which guages (A/F, BOOST, ETC) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was looking at getting something like this: Perrin Performance - >Gauge Pack Combo Boost/AFR But was kind of unsure ...

Opinion on which guages (A/F, BOOST, ETC)

I was looking at getting something like this:

Perrin Performance - >Gauge Pack Combo Boost/AFR

But was kind of unsure as to what would be most beneficial to have besides the boost gauge. I'm high altitude, CO, if that makes a difference. Future mods will just be simple until warranty is up, prob. just cat back exhaust and call it good for now. I'm more concerned with just keeping track of my car and making sure everything's good to go. Thoughts?

Also, if anyone has a better idea for set up in an 09 I'm all ears. I figured this would be good to keep the gauges visible but out of the way. A-pillar is out b/c of side airbags and I don't want to mess with my radio and do a custom set up. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm the only one I would recommend is an oil pressure gauge.
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar
    From what I know Id say boost, egt, and oil pressure.
    WTB: 02-07 Impreza WRX or STi crashed.

IMHO, go with boost/Vac, oil pressure, egt and maybe a wideband A/F. In that order too. Happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Gauge FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying some! - NASIOC

I wouldn't run WBO2 on a stock car - it's a waste. You'll need to tap the OEM downpipe before the first catalytic converter, which some people would say is too close to the turbo and can lead to premature sensor failure (and at $75+/each, it can get expensive)

Why Subaru didn't include an oil pressure gauge on the cluster is a mystery to me.

My vote (if you're going with two gauges):
    Boost
    Oil Pressure

Also, make sure you read reviews on the quality of the products; a few really good gauge manufacturers are Defi, Greddy, and Omori. They may be a little more expensive up front, but an inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all.
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-10-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

great link....thanks! I guess generally opinion is boost and oil pressure. Now to go through the joys of picking a gauge and mounting (still not sold on the perrin unit..something about universal fitment makes me think it'd look crappy)

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    i went with Boost, Oil pressure and Oil Temp... the two oil gauges were easiest to do together becuase the adapter leaves spaces for two sensors...figured i should just use both spaces...really helpful i plan on getting an exhaust temp in the spring though
    2003 WRX