Audio Gurus Enter - Probably and easy fix
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Audio Gurus Enter - Probably and easy fix within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am installing a new head unit on my DD 96 Mustang Convertible. It had an older a/m head unit ...

Audio Gurus Enter - Probably and easy fix

I am installing a new head unit on my DD 96 Mustang Convertible. It had an older a/m head unit in there so I took it out. I was able to get an adapter for all of the wires except the speaker wires. Now I have the speaker wires to splice in.

I hooked the new stereo up to an external speaker (from my room, not car speaker) and it plays out of that speaker. Then I try to hook it into the correct wires in the car speakers and I get nothing.

I took the old head unit and plug them into the external speaker and it plays sound. I then tried to put that one into the car and spliced it into car speaker wires and it played fine through all the speakers.

Now, if my new stereo can play through the external speaker (not car speaker), then why won't it play through the car speaker?? The car speakers work because the old stereo plays through them no problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Means you have an amplified system the plug for your speakers is most likely a square plug. your best bet would be to find the plug you need (metra part number 70-5511) so properly wire it all together, you will also need to make sure to wire up the remote turn on wire as well.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.