08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions?

View Poll Results: Footwell illumination what color?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue footwell and OEM blue cubby

20 35.09%
  • Red with changing cubby to red LED

22 38.60%
  • Dont waste your money

11 19.30%
  • Other- please explain in your post

4 7.02%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinking of getting the foot well illumination kit for my 09... I like the idea of ambient lighting in the ...

08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions?

Thinking of getting the foot well illumination kit for my 09... I like the idea of ambient lighting in the front and possibly to rear but I dont wanna over do it. I like that the fact that it looks very subtle.

As you guys and gals know the 08+ wrx's have red gauges, with a blue cubby. What are your guys oppinions in going with a red footwell or blue? If I went red I would change the cubby LED to red. But the blue seems to be more subtle.

Does anyone know if these stay on during driving.. Turn on with headlights or running lights? Or dim out when the car door is closed? What about turning on when the car is unlocked?

Also anyone with pics the installed product both in blue and red would help me in deciding.

I am leaning towards blue though.

Thanks for the opinions guys!
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-04-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just recently got the red ones and I kept my blue cubbie hole light. I think it looks pretty good. I am not sure if I am going to replace the cubbie hole light. The light comes on whenever your cubbie hole lights are on because they tap into the same power source. I would recommend it.

Would you mind posting a pic of it for me?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Here are a few quick shots I took. Let me know if you need anything else. Its kinda hard to get a good shot in the dark.

I hope this helps.

hmm thats more subtle then the blue... Now i really dont know haha...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

The blue is brighter on the camera though :S Its really hard to say without seeing it for yourself. You could buy both and connect them to a switch so you can have both... single pull double throw!

I have the footwell lighting, and it is MUCH more noticeable than the blue cubby light. I like it, I just don't think the pictures accurately portrayed the light given. Easy mod though, and adds a bit of flare at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    I just don't think the pictures accurately portrayed the light given.
    Agree 100%

Do you guys think the red is brighter then the blue or vise versa? Im looking for something that is subtle more along the lines of "mood lighting"

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I have not personally seen a blue kit myself but my red kit cannot even be seen in the daylight. It is also pretty subtle in the dark. I think the red is very subtle. I think you will be pleased whatever color you select. In a few other post people said that the red looked good with the red gauges so I went with that. I actually tried changing my headunit colors to blue to match the cubbie hole but liked the red much better. I think the blue cubbie hole offsets all the red just enough, but still doesnt look out of place.

But then again, Im a huge fan of red.

As you can probably tell.

Lol yeah.. Im not such a fan of all the red. Im afraid my interior will start to look like the Hunt for Red October with all that red. But then again I dont think the blue will match very well with the red gauges and radio... decisions decisions

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

If you got blue it would be red on top, blue on bottom... that could look pretty good. Its pretty easy to install and also relatively inexpensive. If you did not like it you could probably find someone willing to just swap the lights?

Just pull the trigger

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Thanks for the opinions guys!
    Unless you consistently get the pedals mixed up and have to look to depress the correct ones to drive keep it dark.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

^ yeah I understand where your coming from, its easy to over do it, sighs... But im looking for that more luxury light feel... I dont want to go nearly that far lol... The only reason im considering it, is due to the fact from what iv seen they look very OEM... plus now i could watch myself heel toe ...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by msedbaue View Post
    I have not personally seen a blue kit myself but my red kit cannot even be seen in the daylight. It is also pretty subtle in the dark. I think the red is very subtle. I think you will be pleased whatever color you select. In a few other post people said that the red looked good with the red gauges so I went with that. I actually tried changing my headunit colors to blue to match the cubbie hole but liked the red much better. I think the blue cubbie hole offsets all the red just enough, but still doesnt look out of place.

But then again, Im a huge fan of red.

As you can probably tell.
    Great picture!!

Except I prefer my WRX's gray, and my VFR's silver

(and my VTX's looking like killer whales because I haven't painted the fairing yet )

2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast