08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Footwell illumination what color?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue footwell and OEM blue cubby

20 35.09%
  • Red with changing cubby to red LED

22 38.60%
  • Dont waste your money

11 19.30%
  • Other- please explain in your post

4 7.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I thought about it too. (doing red overhead) But that would make my entire interior red. Thats why i want ...

I thought about it too. (doing red overhead) But that would make my entire interior red. Thats why i want to see what the blue/red looks like!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ill post some pics later... maybe... perhaps... possibly...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

if its doesnt cause trouble... in anyway... at all... a bit... i mean i dont want to be a nuisance!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Registered User Cant_See_Colors's Avatar
    Finally got around to taking some better pics of my interior lights so far.

Everything is blue right now(Cubbie, Dome and Map) but when my footwell kit comes in, hopefully tomorrow, I should have red on the floor and in the cubbie and blue everywhere else...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	From the outside.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	87213

Name:	Inside view 1.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	87214

Name:	Inside view 2.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	87215

What do you think so far?
    '08 WRX -
    '07 WRX Limited - Totaled...

haha reply sure was fastD I understand the footwell lighting is designed to be plugged in with the cubbyhole light, but i only want it on when my door opens. Someone mentioned it earlier that there is a way to tap into the dome?

That was probably me... I dont know what wire it is in the harness... Other then that the only way i would know how to do it, take your roof liner out fine out what wire it is and trace and tap it...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Footwell kit came today!!!

Installation took about 30 mins without having to remove anything other than the cubbie light housing.

Not very impressed with the results however... I got the red kit and the lights are extremely dim, they basically just light up the tops of your feet or the pedals but you'd never know they were there otherwise....

Anyway the next step is to wire in some additional red and blue led's into the footwells, under the seats and in the doors and I'm going to experiment with a toggle switch so I can have the lights on off or wired up to either the cubbie or dome lights, it'd be nice when you open the door if the lights came one... I have a friend who is an electrical engineer who is going to help me with the wiring.

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	87233
    '08 WRX -

hmm, yeah its hard to tell. I think at night mine look pretty good, but im not looking for anything crazy.

+1 for electrical engineers!!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

I wish the blue was that dim... I would like to do some lights int eh rear footwell area too... maybe we can bounce some ideas off eachother...

I was thinking about using the center console in the rear to house the lights... I would rather to that then cut into the seats...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I haven't really scoped out the back yet but I would imagine there are plenty of placed to mount led's but i'm not sure where to run the wiring. I have an amp mounted under the drivers seat so I'm sure for at least that side i can run wire along wherever the amp is drawing its power from but under the passengers seat I have no idea. For the door panels I want to make some sort of stealthy housing I can mount in each cupholder to keep everything looking as clean as possible... wiring for the doors should be pretty simple..

If you're looking for a place to order any light I came across Oznium.com when I was doing a little research. I Think this is most likely where I will place my order when I figure out how many lights of which colors I'll need.
    '08 WRX -

If you want to dim the blue kit slightly have you looked into spray applied tint? I think its generally used for tail lights... You can add a thin layer to each led to slightly darken it until you reach your desired brightness, and if you go too dark just lightly sand that extra layer away!!!
    '08 WRX -

use a dark blue sharpie

dont laugh, it works. Since its down by your feet no one is going to have a clue. I built a inst cluster for my old merkur and the high beam indicator light was wickedly bright (single blue led) .. painfully bright, I used a dark blue sharpie and gave it a even coat. After that I could turn on my brights without blinding myself

I'm going to get the red kit here pretty shortly, and get the cubby light red too. Kinda glad they show up dim, I want them to be really subtle. I'll put the blue one from the cubby in the glove box. I already put led's in my map and dome lights but they're cool white. I like to use those to actually see my way around inside the car.

fyi, led's are to be had nicely priced at SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories
    been buying form there for years.. always good product and shipping is quick. Not associated, just happy with their service.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Question blow off valve

i have a qestion people tell me all diff **** about blow off valve i have a 2004 wrx and people tell me its not goood to put one on other tell me to put on but it has to be a certain one im all confuse
    if some body really now about it please call me or text me or if somebody has one for sale .

wrong thread bro.. that belongs in with the engine mods..

unless your bov makes stuff light up.. ...
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Are these footwell light kits direct p-n-p? Or is there wiring involved? Will they work on a 2008 WRX?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.