08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Footwell illumination what color?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue footwell and OEM blue cubby

20 36.36%
  • Red with changing cubby to red LED

21 38.18%
  • Dont waste your money

10 18.18%
  • Other- please explain in your post

4 7.27%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ footwell illumination kit.. oppinions? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just installed mine last night.... Looks great... not as dim as I would have thought or have heard; but that ...

Just installed mine last night.... Looks great... not as dim as I would have thought or have heard; but that can be fixed with some resistors. The one side is very very electric blue while the opposite side is an off blue like a sea foam greenish blue... Wondering if anyone else sees variations in the light?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how long did it take to feed the harness?

Also, some pics would be nice! I would like to see what the blue looks like.
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

This might sound stupid but there isn't a protective film on the dimmer one, is there? I can't imagine you'd forget something like that, but then again some of the stupid stuff I've done still surprises me
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by msedbaue View Post
    how long did it take to feed the harness?

Also, some pics would be nice! I would like to see what the blue looks like.
    Not very long... I had the whole kit done in about 30 minutes or so... Life is easier with the install if you remove the glove box..

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    This might sound stupid but there isn't a protective film on the dimmer one, is there? I can't imagine you'd forget something like that, but then again some of the stupid stuff I've done still surprises me
    No... Im thinking it was a different batch of LED's... Subaru should have kept batches made with one set of LED's separate from the rest... But I guess they didnt... This is just an educated guess though...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Registered User Cant_See_Colors's Avatar
    Where can this kit be ordered from?

I recently swapped out all my interior LEDs(dome, map, trunk, glovebox) with blue to match the cubbie hole, I was thinking of going with some ambient red lighting on the floor under all the seats to compliment the gauges and really contrast against the blue LEDs on the ceiling)..

(for the record I have an 08 WRX sedan in blue..)
    '08 WRX -
    '07 WRX Limited - Totaled...

Quote Originally Posted by Cant_See_Colors View Post

I recently swapped out all my interior LEDs(dome, map, trunk, glovebox) with blue to match the cubbie hole, I was thinking of going with some ambient red lighting on the floor under all the seats to compliment the gauges and really contrast against the blue LEDs on the ceiling)..

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1493

Thats a link to the red one. You can find them at other places as well though. Can you take and post some pics of the blue lights in the car? I am interested to see what they look like! Thanks
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Did mine 2 days ago, nice and subtle, not ricey at all imo
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Sweet, Thanks! I'll shop around and see if I can find anything else, I might replace the chrome trunk piece with a carbon fiberpiece i found on their too, the chrome stands out too much on my car...

Its super hard to get a good picture of the how the lights look in the car but I'll take a few shots tonight and post some good ones!!
    '08 WRX -

Quote Originally Posted by Cant_See_Colors View Post

I just recently swapped out the map and dome lights with ones from SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories to a cool white color.. much brighter than the standard bulbs, has almost a fluorescent look. Once I do the red floor lighting it should set it off nice.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I just purchased a foot well illumination kit and am going to install it when it arrives in a few days. I plan on purchasing some additional LEDs (probably from SuperBrightLEDs) to wire up stealthily in the door cup holders fron and back and under the seats for the rear foot wells.. This will be a springtime project for me and a friend but I will get some pics up of the lighting I have now, and updates as I mod...
    '08 WRX -

^ i was pndering doing some mood lighting for the back seats as well.. Nothing huge.. Just very dim, barley visable at night... Just enough to shine your feet... I was thinking the best place to put em is in the back of the console... This way you can run the lighting wires throught he console and have a very clean install.. Also you can use the console to mount so you dont have to mess with covering the lights using fabric to make it clean...

I am very OEM style when it comes to things like this. If you place the lights almost under the console or use a dark tinted glass you wont even know they are there. That is until they are turned on...

I want dim to the point where you cant even see them through the tint at night. Kind of mocking the style of higher end luxury cars.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I just recently swapped out the map and dome lights with ones from SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories to a cool white color.. much brighter than the standard bulbs, has almost a fluorescent look. Once I do the red floor lighting it should set it off nice.
    I was just thinking about buying some dome and map white LEDS but im worried about it being annoyingly bright. is it do-able and would it be too much a pain to ask for a picture?

i put in the footwell kit in red and then did the map and dome lights in red also, it looks like i'm driving a helicopter at night!

I love it though, all riced out

Quote Originally Posted by unhcp View Post
    i put in the footwell kit in red and then did the map and dome lights in red also, it looks like i'm driving a helicopter at night!

I love it though, all riced out
    Lets see some pics!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Quote Originally Posted by titob13 View Post
    I was just thinking about buying some dome and map white LEDS but im worried about it being annoyingly bright. is it do-able and would it be too much a pain to ask for a picture?
    I wouldn't suggest driving with em constantly on (map lights).. would be dangerous, however if you need to find something in the car they work really well. I did post the pics somewhere else but cant remember where to link it so I'll post em again
    These were taken without a flash.

Comparison between map light led's and dome light standard bulb

map/dome/trunk comparison.. trunk with traditional bulb.

After install

comparison of standard bulb and led

If you decide to do the dome light, you'll have to bend the retaining pins with a needle nose pliers. The led boards are a slight touch longer than the standard bulb. The map light install is a direct swap.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!