09 SPT boost gauge

This is a discussion on 09 SPT boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I found a new one for 185 with free shipping... What do you guys think?...

09 SPT boost gauge

So I found a new one for 185 with free shipping... What do you guys think?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nothing on this? Looking for reviews on this gauge as well... I went ahead and pulled ther trigger on it.. Hopefully its worth the 185 my local dealer watned 230 i found another out of state dealer for 185 with free shipping).. After all other boost gauges can be had for much less.... Not sure how I feel about paying that much for stewart warner gauge... I must say it will be nice to have it match the interior 100%... but is that worth 185??? Thoughts anyone?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

sw's are good quality gauges, used for lots of accuracy dependent industrial applications. It was a good price you got, I'd say you got a deal. Only reason not to go with the spt unit would be personal preference for a different brand of gauge. Get some pics once you have it in there
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yeah we shall see... I was going to get a defi gauge since the color is a good match but I went with the spt instead saved a little money. I will probably try and write up a how to and a review once it comes in... Heres hoping before the week is out but I probably wont see it till next week... Stupid holidays

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I just paid $189 plus a few bucks shipping. I have not installed it yet though. Take lots of pics and start a install thread so when I search something comes up.

It doesnt look to bad... 3 12mm bolts for the intercooler and removing of the dash... The dash looks to be the worst part...

I will do an install thread for this... I have seen a few people asking how to mount the gauge. I dont think I will see the gauge untill some time next week...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

+1 on interest in this. I'm thinking about getting the SPT boost gauge as well
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

I Support ClubWRX
    For mounting, SPT sends a template to drill nto the dash. Personally that makes me queesy, interested to see where you put it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Yeah implcing it right on the hood on the dash... I will be drilling but its three small holes, not to worried about it... (so long as I like the spot subaru decided for the gauge)... Iv seen people place em in the change tray and on the steering column.

The hood makes it easy to get all your info in a fast glance IE rpms, speed, boost... I dont wanna block anything out of my dash, like placing the gauge so it blocks my rpms speed or other info. I dont want to have to look down to my change tray to get a boost read. The faster I can inform myself the better.

I have seen some pretty nice pods that are coming out for the 08+ but I dont see myself going with anything more then the boost gauge.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    It doesnt look to bad... 3 12mm bolts for the intercooler and removing of the dash... The dash looks to be the worst part...

I will do an install thread for this... I have seen a few people asking how to mount the gauge. I dont think I will see the gauge untill some time next week...
    getting the cover off the top of the cluster is pretty easy.. just pull.. Its only held in by clips/tabs. I'd make sure its been in the sun for a while so its warm.. but other than that just have to pull it toward you and it should pop out. If you want more room, pop the radio trim off and remove the radio.. then you should be able to see/feel around better behind the dash.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

^ Well you actually have to take the radio trim off anyhow to get to the clock.. But yeah that will have to wait for the DIY thread...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

true that.. well in any event man keep us posted and if you can take some pics
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Check my signature guys... I hope it helps...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY