HID Conversions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on HID Conversions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone recomend a good company/website that sells HID conversion kit for 2010 WRX 4 door?...

HID Conversions

Can anyone recomend a good company/website that sells HID conversion kit for 2010 WRX 4 door?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This should probably get moved to the exterior board...

I got my HID kit from DDM Tuning.

If you try to do a search, you should come up with some helpful threads and some other options (full retrofit/plug and play/etc).

Welcome to the board!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

HID conversion

Thanks brotha!

Is it possible to retrofit the 2009/2010 STi HID's into the 2009/2010 WRX? I'm looking to buy a 2009/2010 WRX Premium and miss having factory HID's. I love to swap out or some how retrofit some HID's on to my future WRX
    2010 World Rally Blue WRX Premium Sedan.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

Quote Originally Posted by Jewish Santa View Post
    Is it possible to retrofit the 2009/2010 STi HID's into the 2009/2010 WRX? I'm looking to buy a 2009/2010 WRX Premium and miss having factory HID's. I love to swap out or some how retrofit some HID's on to my future WRX
    It is, but unless you found a wrecked STI to get cheap headlights from, it'd be much more cost effective to retrofit with HID projectors. The STI headlight assemblies are extremely costly, and they have the auto leveling feature which won't work (I don't believe) in the WRX.

I believe most people retrofit with TSX projectors; seems to be the most popular and available model.

Alternatively, I have a "plug and play" kit in my stock 2009 WRX projectors and am extremely happy with the beam pattern and light output. Fairly inexpensive, too.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    It is, but unless you found a wrecked STI to get cheap headlights from, it'd be much more cost effective to retrofit with HID projectors. The STI headlight assemblies are extremely costly, and they have the auto leveling feature which won't work (I don't believe) in the WRX.

I believe most people retrofit with TSX projectors; seems to be the most popular and available model.

Alternatively, I have a "plug and play" kit in my stock 2009 WRX projectors and am extremely happy with the beam pattern and light output. Fairly inexpensive, too.
    I've been doing some homework and found a company in NJ called HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net and they seem to do a really good job plus they are close. Once I get my WRX I'll be sending out my headlights to get retrofitted

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

I've been doing some homework and found a company in NJ called HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net and they seem to do a really good job plus they are close. Once I get my WRX I'll be sending out my headlights to get retrofitted
    I've heard great things about Lightwerkz. When are you looking to purchase the car?
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I've heard great things about Lightwerkz. When are you looking to purchase the car?
    Probably in the spring because that's when I'll sell my Cobra. Plus I'll have my tax money too which always helps

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

Probably in the spring because that's when I'll sell my Cobra. Plus I'll have my tax money too which always helps
    Cool! Maybe you'll be able to find a great deal on a leftover 09 somewhere still by then!

Have Lightwerkz put in angel eyes or something else cool while they're inside the headlights
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Cool! Maybe you'll be able to find a great deal on a leftover 09 somewhere still by then!

Have Lightwerkz put in angel eyes or something else cool while they're inside the headlights
    I hope there will be a leftover 09 in the color I want, I would love to get a great deal. I gotta have Blue, Black, or White in the premium package

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

I've seen the work they've done for Scions, and they do awesome work. It's expensive as ****, but they are good. It's a lot cheaper to just buy everything and do it yourself.

I hope there will be a leftover 09 in the color I want, I would love to get a great deal. I gotta have Blue, Black, or White in the premium package
    I went for black and fell in love with the gray metallic
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    I went for black and fell in love with the gray metallic
    Same here!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Just my two cents on this. . .

I've been speaking via email with Ceasar who is the main guy over at LightWerkz and so far he's been really upfront about pricing and how the work is completed.

I've been going back and forth myself about whether to do a straight plug-and-play with the Digital conversion kit they sell and have LightWerkz install it (I'm all thumbs when it comes to this stuff) plus they'll do a prof. install so all the "guts" are hidden behind the front bumper. Total out the door on this is $370.00

Alternative -- step up to the TSX conversion with D2S bulbs -- Total cost of the conversion plus install is a cool $1K.

LightWerkz has been upfront that bang for the buck, the conversion is the way to go and since the WRX already has projector lenses I wouldn't be blinding oncoming cars or anything. However, he also said with the straight conversion the only real benefit you get is increased intensity, versus more color, better cutoff and wider beam spectrum if you go with the conversion.

Given the above you guys have any thoughts. I'm very close to LightWerkz which is why it would make sense for me to have them take care of everything, plus turnaround would be 1 day if I brought the car in. . .

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

$370 for a plug and play kit is absurd, especially considering it'll be nothing more than a typical aftermarket kit, which doesn't even come CLOSE to comparing to OEM HIDs (Phillips). Get a full retrofit, get OEM bulbs and ballasts, and have optimal lighting.

Here is a comparison I did between aftermarket HIDs vs OEM.

2008 Scion tC, OEM projectors, aftermarket 4300k HIDs, Noyka Yellow Halogen Fogs

2006 Evo 9 MR, OEM projectors, OEM HIDs, no fogs

Camera was set to manual mode, no changes in settings, WB intentionally set low to show light output better.

After seeing the actual results from my comparison, I can't believe I ever thought that aftermarket HIDs were 'good'. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that there are OEM halogens that put out more usable light than aftermarket HIDs.

Retrofit or bust.
    Last edited by CarbonXe; 01-10-2010 at 10:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.