2004 Wagon Door Panel Removal Front and Rear
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 Wagon Door Panel Removal Front and Rear within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, ive been looking, but couldnt find the information out there...can anyone help me with some info on how to ...

2004 Wagon Door Panel Removal Front and Rear

Hey, ive been looking, but couldnt find the information out there...can anyone help me with some info on how to remove the door panels?....i removed the rear left, with a lot of prying, and it didnt feel right....then i went to do the rear right and couldnt get the electrical connector that connects the locks/window switch to unplug....also, a little plastic piece actually came off of it, so im a little worried....any help here would be appreciated, thanks
    --Tim--
    04' WRX wagon RED
    94%--StOcK--
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3175713

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just put in new speakers yesterday so while its still fresh in my mind...
    the rear door panels are held on by 2 screws (one by the inside handle to open the door and one by the part you grab to close the door) and theres also a small screw lookalike clip at the latch end of the door panel at the top (you have to gently unscrew it with a phillips until its 1/4inch sticking out and then just pull on it and it'll pop out.

the rest is just clips so you have to use some force but they will come off and once they are off just slide the panel up and out.

as for the electrical connector the tab that has to be pressed is at the bottom right in the middle, its really small. at the same time as pushing it in and pulling on it if you can get a small flat head to help pry it out it'll make it easier.

fronts are almost the same undo the 2 screws (theres no plastic screwlike clip on the fronts) then you have to remove the door lock /window switch parts by pulling up at the end toward the rear of the car and then pulling back once its popped out. theres another screw under that and then same deal with the clips and sliding up and out the panel.

oh and for both front and rear the trim ring around the inside door handle has to be removed too. you have to pry it out with a flathead screwdriver very carefully. the clips holding it in are strong so its easy to break

as for the small plastic piece that broke it could be a panel clip or a piece of anything really i'd need a picture to identify it.

-Alex

Thanks for the info, @ mexicanzero, the link with the pics helped a ton. Hope this applies to '04 sedan too. I plan to replace the head unit and all four speakers. I'm handy with tools but definitely don't want to break anything. I'll take pics and post them once I'm done. I bought what I thought are stock sizes 5.25" front and 4" rear. After seeing some pics I think I should have gone bigger but I'm sure it will be an improvement regardless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.