07 STI Limited Interior swap - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 07 STI Limited Interior swap within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just installed a free STI steering wheel, with the red stitching. It was stupid easy, by following the service manual. ...

Just installed a free STI steering wheel, with the red stitching. It was stupid easy, by following the service manual. I kept my original airbag. Now working on that did make nervous, but I did disconnect the battery ground and wait 60secs. Still, kind of like handling a grenade with the pin in it... Sure it's safe, but jeez nonetheless

Looks good though and you can get one (sans airbag) for little cash. That is, if you like red stitching
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Now all you need is an STi gauge cluster
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Vez
    Looks great!! Did you ever find a replacement door panel? Unfortunately, I'm now looking for one, too. Was transporting the GF's cat (stupidly) without a carrier and he put 3 holes in the top passenger side leather panel. He's de-clawed, but front paws only. Now there's 3 noticable holes.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Looks great!! Did you ever find a replacement door panel? Unfortunately, I'm now looking for one, too. Was transporting the GF's cat (stupidly) without a carrier and he put 3 holes in the top passenger side leather panel. He's de-clawed, but front paws only. Now there's 3 noticable holes.
    I've killed animals over less... especially cats
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Very nice

Honestly... I didn't disconnect anything when I did my STI interior.

I probably should have.... oops - LOL

Looks FANTASTIC though... props. You just added about $1000 to the value of your car.

I disagree with the STI gauge cluster though. Wiring nightmare... shift light won't work... DCCD indicators obviously won't work....... then you also have to deal with mileage skeptics if you ever sell it, and it could end up being reported on a Carfax.... bad news. Tough to sell a car that says "mileage discrepancy" on the carfax.

Looks cool.... I wouldn't do it though. Car looks awesome as is
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Very nice

Honestly... I didn't disconnect anything when I did my STI interior.

I probably should have.... oops - LOL

Looks FANTASTIC though... props. You just added about $1000 to the value of your car.

I disagree with the STI gauge cluster though. Wiring nightmare... shift light won't work... DCCD indicators obviously won't work....... then you also have to deal with mileage skeptics if you ever sell it, and it could end up being reported on a Carfax.... bad news. Tough to sell a car that says "mileage discrepancy" on the carfax.

Looks cool.... I wouldn't do it though. Car looks awesome as is

Yeah, I'm probably going to bail on the cluster mod. I am installing the side underpanels though (those plastic panels that run underneath the car). I already did the rear diffuser.

Vez, I didn't fix the hole. I just glued it together and took a sharpie to it... Looks good from a far...

Actually, I have my TR interior, so I could have swapped the insert and used that, except the insert (around the door handle) is attached with plastic pins melted to the panel. No good way to get it out without damage.

Oh... and a Primitive Racing skidplate is on the way...

So did you ever hook up the heated seats? i am in the same situation as you with winter on it's way. But with all the research i have done even with going to the dealer, which did not help AT ALL.... i was wondering if you found the part for the wiring harness or if you just spliced the wires up. Car looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite07 View Post
    So did you ever hook up the heated seats? i am in the same situation as you with winter on it's way. But with all the research i have done even with going to the dealer, which did not help AT ALL.... i was wondering if you found the part for the wiring harness or if you just spliced the wires up. Car looks awesome!
    Thanks. No, I never did hook up the heated seats. There is definitely no wire harness preexisting in the cabin (like with the foglights). I don't think there would be anyway for the dealer to figure out.

If you get the switches and some wire, it should be a simple matter for a car electronics shop to hook the elements up to a 12v power source and rig a fuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12