A-Pillar gauge question

This is a discussion on A-Pillar gauge question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I made an a-pillar gauge pod for my 08' Wrx. My question is though, how do you mount ...

A-Pillar gauge question

Ok, so I made an a-pillar gauge pod for my 08' Wrx. My question is though, how do you mount the gauges into the pod? Do you just stick some double sided tape on the gauge and hope that it sticks? There's nothing on the inside of the gauge pod that the gauge can be secured to, so I don't see any other options lol. I don't want a gauge flying at my head every time I get on the gas... sounds like an accident waiting to happen!

Should I cut more area from the back of the pillar to open another option for mounting the gauge???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Wait, so you made that gauge pod and you didn't give any thought previous to right now as to how you would secure the gauges?

I would just use double sided tape. Get that thick 3M stuff, you know, the kind that is kind of padded. That will have the benefit of increasing the diameter of the gauge body as well as the adhesion so it wont move around when you shove it in the pod. A 1-2 punch of gauge fastening.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Wait, so you made that gauge pod and you didn't give any thought previous to right now as to how you would secure the gauges?

I would just use double sided tape. Get that thick 3M stuff, you know, the kind that is kind of padded. That will have the benefit of increasing the diameter of the gauge body as well as the adhesion so it wont move around when you shove it in the pod. A 1-2 punch of gauge fastening.
    Yeah that was one detail that I didn't think through...lol I'm definitely gonna give it a go though! Thanks for the tip.. I'm not really sure how I looked past this detail.. I gues I was figureing it wouldn't be an issue compared to actually making the pillar haha

Here's the solution I came up in case anyone runs into this down the road and so far it seems like its going to work pretty well... Besides the hook with rubber band, there is also 3m double sided tape holding in to the side of the pod. I might replace the rubber bands with one of my gf's hair ties or something similar so it will be stronger Haha