Sub Enclosure Pics

This is a discussion on Sub Enclosure Pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I am trying to figure out what sub enclosure I want to build for my wrx. I have ...

Sub Enclosure Pics

Hey guys I am trying to figure out what sub enclosure I want to build for my wrx. I have two 12"s I want to put in the car. I can fiberglass, and I can do them out of wood. Im no professional but i've built a few in the past.
    I want a low profile enclosure to go in the trunk, so that I can keep as much trunk space as possible.
    So if you guys can show me pics or lead me in another direction of people who have done low profile enclosures I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Everyman dies, Few men truly live!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheck View Post
    Hey guys I am trying to figure out what sub enclosure I want to build for my wrx. I have two 12"s I want to put in the car. I can fiberglass, and I can do them out of wood. Im no professional but i've built a few in the past.
    I want a low profile enclosure to go in the trunk, so that I can keep as much trunk space as possible.
    So if you guys can show me pics or lead me in another direction of people who have done low profile enclosures I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Well first thing is what subs are you running and what power are you putting to them. What type of music do you listen to, are you looking for good bass, better bass or competition bass? There are a lot of factors to how you build a box. You cant just design a box and think every sub will work the same or sound the same.
    So if you answer these questions I may be able to help a little better.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Using two subs is going to eat up alot of room because you will be limited to how you can configure it. So two subs and trunk space don't go hand in hand. Not to mention if you plan on keeping your spare tire usable. I use 1 DVC 10" with a Audio Integrations box. It's easily removable if it need to come out but doesn't block the spare tire well.

Last edited by Donkey; 11-08-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

AsIlay, I have two Rockford Fosgate Punch HE 12"s and an alpine mono amp MRP-M450.
    I can go down to one sub I know i'll get more room and save more weight just hate to have a sub sitting in the house doing nothing. I like decent bass, definately no competition though. I just enjoy that good deep sound with the music. I listen to a little of everything, but I mainly listen to rock, and country.
    I used to have papers on the rockfords but I dont know where they are now. So I dont have the specs on them anymore.
    I have thought about pointing them at the cabin area, like with the audio integrations box, or the build a wooden box right next to the back of the back seat, but I thought the seat would not allow enough room for the expansion of the sound or whatever its called. So I thought making a small one the faced the rear of the trunk that was up against the back seat. What do you think?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

AsIlay, I have two Rockford Fosgate Punch HE 12"s and an alpine mono amp MRP-M450.
    I can go down to one sub I know i'll get more room and save more weight just hate to have a sub sitting in the house doing nothing. I like decent bass, definately no competition though. I just enjoy that good deep sound with the music. I listen to a little of everything, but I mainly listen to rock, and country.
    I used to have papers on the rockfords but I dont know where they are now. So I dont have the specs on them anymore.
    I have thought about pointing them at the cabin area, like with the audio integrations box, or the build a wooden box right next to the back of the back seat, but I thought the seat would not allow enough room for the expansion of the sound or whatever its called. So I thought making a small one the faced the rear of the trunk that was up against the back seat. What do you think?
    Ok so you have the HE 12's, you either have 4ohm or 8ohm subs, not sure since you said you didnt have the paper work. These subs take 200rms and 400peak.
    The amp is perfect if the subs are 4ohm and you have them paralleled down to the 2ohm load so your amp can push the rated 400rms x 1 @2ohm. Sub needed air space is 2.621 FT^3 (74.2 LITERS) So for 2 of them you are looking at just over 5 cubic feet of air. You can do the box you want against the rear seats and build the port right into the pull down center arm rest. This is the design I used and it worked great. I have since then pulled my system since then because the system was to heavy. 2 x Audiobahn 12wo6t (12") 1200RMS each sub with a 4000 watt amp pushing just over 3600 rms. Its always better to have an amp larger then what you need so you dont over work it by maxing out its power. Amp runs better when its more then needed, also had 0 guage power wire and ground running my power to a 4.0 farad batt cap. This was all too much weight for the car. But if you need any help let me know. Good luck.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scrip...ted=1056749019
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

If you could explain how to wire up the two subs for the 2 ohm impedance I would really appreciate it.

Also could I build a sealed enclosure and point it at the seats and it still sound good?

If you could explain how to wire up the two subs for the 2 ohm impedance I would really appreciate it.

Also could I build a sealed enclosure and point it at the seats and it still sound good?
    ok sure ......
    Each sub has a positive (red) and negative (black) terminal. Wire the positive from one sub to the positive on the other sub and then to your amp connection positive. (the connection point just before the amp may be the connector terminals on your box.) do the same for the negative, wire from negative on one sub to the other negative on the other sub then from there to the amp negative. This will bring your SVC 4ohm subs paralleled down to a 2ohm load.

Honestly if you make a sealed box dont aim it athe seats, aim it to the rear so that the subs can create bass reflex with the airspace from sub to back of trunk. The only reason to put them torwards the seat back wold be to hide them cause you wouldnt be able to show them cause the seats dont come down. But by all means build how you want it, and if it doesnt work as good as you thought build it over. Wood is cheap and trial and error are good learning tools. Good luck.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

Hey man, reading your explanation of the wiring jogged my memory. I tried to hook them up like you said when I installed that amp. I may have done it wrong though. If I remember correctly there are two seperate connections of positive and negative on each sub, I just used one set of each I think. I hooked them up like this

I think thats the way I did it. Is that correct??
    Thanks again for your help.

That is correct, that will bring you to the 2ohm load if the subs are the SVC 4ohm model. Good luck.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"